𝐻𝓊𝓇𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔- Chapter 8.

Chase's POV :

I keep feeling this intense pull towards the woman before me.
She told me she is happy to be friends but why does that unsettle me?.
I barely know the girl, sure we met weeks ago but with nothing in between then and now, I've practically only known her for a few days.
What is she doing to me and why do I like it so much?. Why does my inner demon like her so much?.

I watch as she carries Harley through the club house, picking up rubbish on her way through. She makes it look so easy, carrying a child while continuing her daily duties. Has she been around kids before? how is she so content?.
She walks in my direction, talking about putting Harley down for her afternoon nap before cooking us up some early dinner, stating that we won't have time to cook or eat later.
Which I have to agree with, Harley does tend to become a handful at times.

Hearing the rumble of motorcycles, I know that the boys are back from their run.
I head outside to greet them, lighting a smoke while I do so.
Ever since Harley came along, Pres made it a rule to smoke outside, can't risk our princess coming in contact with second hand smoke, obviously we all agreed and it's become the new normal.
" Hey brother, how's our princess?. " Dylan hops off his bike, ripping his gloves off.
"She's been an Angel, Octavia is putting her down for her nap at the moment."
" Octavia is here? Helping you with Harley?. " Cash chimes in, obviously happy to hear her name.
" Yes she is, we've decided to give the whole friend thing ago, tired of trying to kill each other. " I laugh.

Shortly after, Octavia is joining us outside lighting a smoke of her own.
She welcomes the boys, greeting them with hugs and chin lifts.
I watch as she greets Cash, wrapping her arms firming around him.
Why can't that be me? I want her arms around me so bad. Do I have to leave for a run to get it? If so, send me now.

Octavia's POV:

I'm starting to get use to the club, this can only go two ways. One being, we are all happy and no one gets hurt. Two being, everyone ends up hurt and possibly dead.. at my hands.
Go to Chase. My inner voice reaches out, wanting to be close to the man I despised hours ago. It's funny how much a club can change you. Usually I don't do friends, I don't do the whole family thing, but being here? With them? I want that, I want the big happy family and stupid get-togethers. I want the whole lot.

" So Octavia, have the children been giving you a hard time?. " Tico chuckles.
" Harley no, this big baby? Yes. " I turn to Chase to see an offended look upon his face.
" Aww Rocco, I'm only joking. Come here. " I open my arms, pulling the giant in for a hug.
I feel him stiffen then slowly relax within my arms. Why does this feel so good?. How can one man make affection seem so wonderful?. I don't want to pull away but I know that I've already been holding on for too long.
Pulling away slowly, I feel my whole heart scream out, wanting to be full of his warmth again. I can't have that though, I can never have that.

" What's for dinner boys? Pizza?. "
" Actually, I'm cooking tonight." I smile at the lads who are obviously happy to have a home cooked meal.
" Fuck yes! Let's go!. " Cash lifts me up, carrying me inside towards the kitchen.
" If you need any help let me know! Chase, Ace and I tend to be excellent cooks." He informs me before leaving a kiss on my head and running out towards the TV.
Men, they never grow up.

" Did you just kiss her?. " Dylan laughs.
" Calm down, only on the head, Jesus! I'm not trying to get myself killed!. " He squeaks.
" By who? Her or him?. " Tico points over at Chase's raging form. What is with this guy?
Deciding to end the show before it got out of hand, I call Chase into the kitchen, asking for some help.
" Could you show me where everything is?. " I ask the giant in front of me.
He ends up staying in the kitchen, helping me with preparing and cooking.
Finally after an hour, everything is ready and the boys are more then eager to scoff it down.

I hear a faint cry from upstairs and realise that Harley is due for a feeding.
I quickly stand from the table, practically sprinting up the stairs. I hate leaving children alone, it's just a constant reminder of what I did wrong. I shouldn't of left him- her. I mean her.
Pulling Harley from her crib, I place her against my chest and walk slowly down the stairs, being careful not to drop her.
" Chase! Can you put a bottle on please. " I yell out.
As I reach the bottom step, Chase is standing there with a freshly warmed bottle, smiling.
" I put it on the second you left. " He chuckles, seeing how panicked I was. Haha, real funny.

We sit at the counter, feeding Harley and bickering.
" You two look like a fucking couple. " Ryder laughs. I roll my eyes at this, not wanting to start an argument in front of Harley.
" Shut your mouth Ryder, before I sew it shut. " Chase spits out, obviously not liking the attention. I mean, it must be a funny look. The big bad biker sitting next to a woman feeding a baby.

********************

After a few more hours of hanging out with the boys, we had decided it was best to get Harley to bed and to try and get some shut eye ourselves. I take Harley up into Ajax's old room that he had showed me earlier, placing Harley in the pull up.
Chase had followed me in here, carrying Harley's nappy bag. We had taken it down  stairs with us earlier, it was easier to have all of her stuff with us rather then going up and down the stairs every time we needed something.

" Are you going to be okay?."
" Yeah, Ajax had said I could crash in here rather then heading home, I'm just gonna have a quick shower then hit the hay. " I smile at the man.
" Okay well, if you need anything at all, my room is right across the hall. " He returns the smile.
" I know, a giant had thrown me in there earlier. " We both laugh at this, just staring at each other.
" Goodnight Lioness. " He steps closer.
" Goodnight Rocco. " Before I can even process what I am doing, I've got my arms wrapped around his waist, his around my shoulders.
Is this what we do now? Hug?. This is the second time in less then 24 hours. I'm growing soft.
After a few short moments, I'm pulling away smiling up at the man.
I quickly reach for my bag, heading into the shower. I'm sure he will leave while I'm in here.

*****************

Finally after a long ass day of babysitting and putting up with bikers, I'm in bed. It may not be my bed but it's still a bed.
After moving around trying to get into a comfortable position, I notice something on top of Harley's nappy bag. I didn't put that there?. I reach out, grabbing a hooded jumper.
Breathing in the scent, I notice it straight away. Chase. The voice inside my head informs me, obviously happy about the gesture.
I pull off my top, replacing it with the large mans jumper. Now this is comfortable.

Within minutes, I'm asleep.