Confessing

Marinette's POV
My name is Marinette Dupain-Cheng, your average 18 year old. Well actually I'm not average because I'm secretly a superhero! I've had the biggest crush on my classmate Adrien Agreste for the longest time, and today I decided to finally tell him how I feel!

Nobody's POV
As Marinette walked over to Adrien shyly she thought about how she would tell him, however she wasn't looking where she was going and walked right into him.

Adrien was talking to his best friend Nino when he was suddenly knocked over. He looked over to where Marinette had also fallen over. "Are you ok Marinette?" He asked worriedly. "I-I'm o-ok." She stuttered nervously as she rose to her feet. Just then her best friend Alya came over. "What happened to you guys?" Alya asked trying to stifle a laugh. "Alya it's not funny!" Marinette stated, slightly embarrassed that she had walked right into Adrien. By then Nino and Alya were both laughing and Adrien couldn't help but join in. Marinette tried to look angry at them but she eventually joined in the laughter.

After they all stopped laughing Marinette pulled Alya to the side for a private conversation. "I need you to take Nino and leave." Marinette stayed bluntly. "Why?" Alya asked, a very confused expression etched on her face. "I'm going to tell him and I can't do it with you guys there." Marinette said quietly. Alya assumes a knowing expression and agreed quickly.

After rejoining the group and talking for a few more minutes Alya drags Nino away to a nearby clump of bushes so they can watch what happens. Marinette doesn't notice that her friends are still watching and she quickly gathers enough courage to speak. "H-hey Adrien? C-can I ask you something?"  She manages to say quietly. Adrien looked at her and nodded for her to continue. "I w-was wondering..." She trails off nervously. "You were wondering?" Adrien prompts her to continue. "I w-was wondering if you would maybe..." She trails off again. Adrien looks at her waiting for her to continue again. "W-would you like to go to the movies??" She manages to say after a little bit.  "Like with you, Alya and Nino? It would be fun to hang out with some friends again." Adrien says, not understanding that she meant the two of them on a date. Marinette summoned the last of her courage and took a deep breath. "A-Adrien I like you a lot and I want to go on a date." She says hurriedly.

Adrien stood, frozen with shock at what Marinette had just said. "I-I'm sorry Marinette, but I don't see you that way, and I'm in love with someone else." He says with a pained expression. Marinette then started to back away, tears threatening to spill over. She turned and ran as fast as she could, the tears now streaking freely down her face. All Adrien could do was watch as she ran away from him.