Dreams PT. 1

Marinette woke up sweating, tears streaming down her face, terrified from what she had saw in her dream. She got up quietly, hoping to not wake Alya who was sleeping beside her. She made it into the hallway, about to close the door when she heard something. "Where are you going?" Alya asked, rubbing her eyes. "I was going to get some water." Marinette explained. Alya noticed that Marinette had been crying and instantly started to worry. "Are you ok?" Alya asked, the concern for her friend showing on her face. " No, not really." Marinette said, fighting back the tears that were threatening to spill again. Alya pulled Marinette back to the bed and sat her down. "Tell me what happened." Alya said in a soothing voice.

Earlier that night

Without realizing Marinette had drifted off to sleep, entering a dream. The dream started off fairly normal. She dreamed that she was on a date with Luka, they were at the garden near her house sharing ice cream. After finishing their ice cream the two of them got up and started walking around Paris, talking about their future. They were almost to the Eiffel Tower when a person wearing a hood ran up to them and pulled something out of their jacket. Marinette realized that the person was holding a familiar looking knife. After looking at it for a few seconds she realized why it looked so familiar, it was Luka's pocket knife, the same one he had used to scare off Cat Noir. The person then stabbed Luka and ran away, as they ran their hood fell back to reveal a mess of blonde hair. The blonde glanced back long enough for Marinette to recognize them. It was Adrien Agreste. She looked back down at Luka and started to panic, his shirt was soaked in blood, and he was struggling to breathe. She hurriedly pulled out her phone and dialed 112, her hands shaking violently. "Paris emergency hotline, what's your emergency?" The person on the other end of the phone asked calmly. "M-My boyfriend was just stabbed. H-He's bleeding really badly." Marinette said, voice cracking with fright. "What is your location ma'am?" The operator asked in the same calm voice. "W-We're near the Eiffel Tower." Marinette said, hoping they would come and save Luka. "We have officers coming to your location right now." The operator says before Marinette ends the call. She focused her attention on Luka again, scared for his life. She put her hands over the wound, trying to stop the bleeding. Luka's eyes were tearing up from the pain and terror, he started to cough and there was blood dripping from the corner of his mouth. The sirens from the police and ambulance were nearing, Marinette hoped they would get there soon. Time seemed to freeze as Luka's breathing gradually slowed, until it completely stopped. His lifeless eyes were staring up at Marinette and she stared back in horror, her tears flowing down her face. It was then that Marinette woke up.

Luka's POV
I was woken up by my phone ringing, I checked the caller ID and answered. "Hey Alya what's up?" I asked, still half asleep. "Could you come over to my house please, Marinette needs you." Alya said, worry evident in her voice. "Yeah I'll be there in a few." I said, concerned for Marinette. "Thanks Luka." Alya said before hanging up. I quickly got up, grabbbed my jacket and rushed to Alya's house, not bothering to put a shirt on.

Nobody's POV
Alya was comforting Marinette when she heard a knock at her door. She got up and opened it to a very tired looking Luka. "What happened?" He asked as he was walking over to Marinette. "She had this terrible nightmare." Alya said, before leaving them alone. Luka just frowned and sat beside Marinette. "Hey Mari, you want to tell me about it?" Luka asked after a few minutes of silence. Marinette looked up at him and started crying even more. Luka hugged Marinette to his chest and tried to sooth her. After a few minutes Marinette calmed down. "Do want to tell me about it now?" Luka asked, still holding her. Marinette nodded and sat back. After taking a few deep breaths she started to explain her dream. When she got to the part where Adrien showed up she stopped talking. She started to cry again but not as much as before. "T-This guy came up and s-stabbed you. I-I started to panic a-and I called 112. Y-You were bleeding s-so much." Marinette said through her tears. "Y-You died Luka, I held you as you died." She said, tears falling down her face again. "Shh, I'm here and I'm ok." Luka said, trying to calm her down. "It was A-Adrien." Marinette said as she cried. "What?" Luka asked, very confused. "It was A-Adrien who stabbed you." Marinette said, wiping her tears. "It was just a dream ok? I wasn't stabbed by Adrien and I didn't die." Luka said, trying to calm her down again. "I-I know but it felt so real. I could feel the blood as I tried to save you." Marinette said, remembering how he had died in her dream. Luka grabbed her hand and put it on his chest. "Look there's no wound, I'm not injured at all." Luka said, holding her other hand. Marinette calmed down as she realized he was right. "Feel better now?" Luka asked her with a smile. Marinette nodded, taking a few deep breaths. She hugged Luka and a small smile formed on her face. At that moment she realized he wasn't wearing a shirt under his half zipped jacket and she stared to blush. "Did I wake you up?" Marinette asked, feeling guilty. "No, I was already up." Luka lied, knowing that she felt guilty. Marinette knew he was lying and felt bad. She got up and pulled Luka up the steps and to Alya's room.

Alya's POV
After I let Luka in I had gone to my room and started watching a movie. I was about 20 minutes into the movie when someone started knocking on my bedroom door. I got up and opened it, revealing Marinette practically dragging Luka towards the room. "I'm gonna take a guess and say that your feeling better now." I said to Marinette, who had stopped pulling Luka for the moment. She looked at me and nodded, a big smile spread across her face. She then grabbed me and pulled me into the hallway, pushing Luka inside my room. She closed the door and walked a little bit away so Luka couldn't hear us. "Since we woke him up I was wondering if Luka could sleep in your bed for a little bit." Marinette said to me. "Sure I'll go watch a movie downstairs. You should get some sleep too you look exhausted." I answered, also feeling bad for waking him up so early. "Thanks Alya you're the best!" Marinette squealed. "I know girl, I know." I said, trying to hide my grin. She quickly walked back to the door and opened it. I looked in my room and saw that Luka had stayed exactly where Marinette had shoved him. She grabbed Luka's arm and pulled him toward the bed as I walked in and grabbed my laptop. I smiled at the two of them as I left to go downstairs.