A Familiar Face

A few months after Marinette confessed she finally had enough courage to approach Adrien again. He noticed her approaching and hoped that he could salvage their friendship. "Hey Marinette." He said kindly. She looked at him and smiled, but it was a sad smile. "Hey, sorry for telling you how I felt. It made things kind of awkward for a while." She said quietly. Adrien smiled and felt relieved that the conversation was going well so far. "It's ok, I was kind of rude about it so I'm sorry." He apologized. They continued to talk for a while before they had to go to class.

Marinette was leaving the school when she bumped into someone. She started to mumble and apology before she heard the person start laughing. "We need to stop meeting like this!" The person said, still laughing. Marinette glanced up to see her friend Luka standing before her. She playfully smacked him to get him to stop laughing, but it only made him laugh harder. "Stop laughing or I'm going to wipe that smug ass grin off your face!" Marinette said, pretending to be mad. Luka finally started to calm down when Alya came over. "Are you being mean to this poor handsome man again Marinette?" Alya said, trying to hide a grin. "Handsome my ass!" Marinette mumbled under her breath, just loud enough for Luka to hear. "I'm offended." He says, trying to look hurt. The three of them burst out laughing, drawing much attention to them.

After catching up for a little bit Alya left the group to go hang out with Nino. Just as Marinette was about to say goodbye and head home it started to rain. She grumbled as she knew she was going to be walking home in the rain, when Luka walked over and lifted his jacket over their heads. "I'll walk you home." He says as he grabs her bag from her. Marinette was relieved to have shelter from the rain, but she noticed that Luka was acting a little strange. She stood still until Luka looked at her with a questioning look in his eyes. "Why are you acting so weird?" She asked him, deciding she wasn't going anywhere until he told her. "I'm not acting weird." Luka said, avoiding her gaze. "You are acting weird, and I'm not moving till you tell me why." She stared firmly. "Can we talk about it when we get to your place?" Luka asked, not wanting to answer right now. Marinette looked at him and decided that she would make him come inside, get something to drink and tell what's going on. "Fine." She said, then started walking toward her home.