Dreams PT. 2

Marinette dragged Luka over to Alya's bed, determined to get him to sleep. She pushed him onto the bed and sat beside him. "Since we woke you up so early your going to sleep here." Marinette said in a tone that left no room for argument. Luka lay back and closed his eyes, not going to give up a chance to go back to sleep. Marinette smiled and curled up beside Luka, realizing just how tired she was. The two of them fell asleep a few minutes later. After about a 10 minutes Alya crept back into her room to see the sleeping couple. With a devilish grin she pulled out her phone and took a picture of them. She posted the picture online and left the room, satisfied with her work. All of Marinette's friends starting liking the picture and commenting stuff like "they're sooooo cute together." Alya knew that Marinette would be upset when she woke up but she didn't care.

Luka's Dream
I woke up chained to a wall. My head was pounding, I had probably hit it on something. I look at my surroundings. I'm in a dark room and I don't see anybody else. As my eyes adjust to the darkness I make out another form across the room. I realize that it's a person chained to a wall like me. I try to move but the chains are holding me firmly, I then try to call out but my throat is to dry. Just as I'm trying to move again a door opens, letting a small amount of light through. With the light I can see that the other person is a girl and is still unconscious. In one corner of the room there is a bed and a lamp, in another corner there is a small enclosed space which I can only assume is a bathroom. The person in the doorway doesn't seem to notice I'm awake and goes over to the girl. They unchain her and carry her to the bed, where they gently set her down and chain her back up. The person then leaves the room, shrouding us in darkness again. I struggle against my chains again and I feel them start to move a little. I keep trying to get loose until I finally get worn out. I drop my head in defeat as my stomach growls, indicating that I needed to eat. A few minutes later and I hear the girl start to wake up. "Where am I?" She asks, her voice sounds very familiar but I'm to hungry to think about it. "I don't know I woke up here not long ago." I answer her, still thinking about how hungry I am. "Luka? Is that you?" She asks, as she said my name I realized who it was. "Mari?" I ask, assuming it was her. "Yeah it's me." She answered, confirming my assumption. "I'm starving." She says,  voicing my own thoughts. "Me too." I say, hoping our captor would at least give us some food. I start to lose consciousness again, drifting into a sea of black.

I wake up again later, not knowing how long I was out. My head is pounding again and I can't feel my hands from where they're chained up. I look around and see that nothing has changed from before. "Mari? Are you there?" I ask, my throat sore from lack of water. "Yeah I'm here." She answers. "Are you ok Luka?" She asks, I can hear the concern in her voice. "Yeah I'm fine, why?" I reply. "You got really quiet a while ago and I wasn't sure if you were ok." She explains. "I guess I blacked out." I say, trying to stay focused on the conversation. I hear a soft "oh" from Marinette's direction. "How long was I out?" I ask, my hunger still bugging me. "About an hour I'd say." She replies. I'm about to say something else when the door opens again. The person walks in and sets something on the ground. "Who are you and why are we here?" Marinette asks the person. "Shhhh." Is all the person says in reply. They walk over to Marinette and unchain her from the bed, before heading over towards me. I stay completely still, pretending to be unconscious. The person unchains me and walks back to the door. "There's some food and water on that tray for you and your boyfriend. Make sure he eats when he wakes up." The person said before exiting the room.

I try to get up and walk over to Marinette but I fall back down. She quickly gets up and walks over to me, her steps unsteady and weak. When she gets to me she kneels down and wraps her arms around me. We stay like that for a few minutes before she lets go. She starts to check me for any injuries and gasps in fear. "Luka your head..." she starts to say but trails off. She reaches up and touches my head, causing pain to shoot through my body. I cry out, my head feels like it's on fire. "I'm so sorry." She says, quickly snatching her hand away. "It's fine." I lie, not wanting to worry her. "Luka your head is bleeding really badly." She says, fear evident in her voice. I reach back and feel my hair matted with blood, and pain shoots through my body again. Marinette stands up and walks over to the tray the person had left for us. She brings it over to me and sits back down. After struggling to eat some food and drink some water I feel a little bit of strength return to my body. I try to stand up again and I have to hold myself up on the wall. Marinette quickly stands up and helps me walk over the the bed. I sit down on the bed gratefully, my head pounding like it wants to escape my body. My vision is blurry and I blink a few times to try and clear it up. Marinette turns the lamp on, creating just enough light to work. She rips a piece of her jacket off and dips it in what's left of the water. She starts to gently clean the blood out of my hair. After about 30 minutes she stopped cleaning my hair. She puts the piece of cloth down and starts inspecting my head. I can feel the fresh blood dripping down onto my neck. She rips another piece off her jacket and uses it to stop the bleeding as much as possible. My vision is getting even more blurry. I soon drift off again.

I wake back up to see the person in the doorway again. They bring a basket over to us and set it beside the bed. After that they turn around and leave. Marinette picks up the basket and pulls something out. "What did they bring?" I ask, trying to wake up completely. "I had asked them for some first aid supplies a few minutes ago and they just brought it." She answers before starting to clean the wound again. I was surprised that the person had brought Marinette what she had asked for. I feel pain coursing through my body as Marinette is cleaning the wound. After a few minutes Marinette starts to put a cream on it, before wrapping it in bandages. She hands me a glass of water and a couple of pills. After downing the pills and half the water I lean back as Marinette cleans the rest of my injuries. As she finishes I fall asleep again. When I wake up I'm chained to the wall again. I look over and see that Marinette is also chained to the wall again. The door opens a few minutes later and the person walks in. They place an object in front of me and another one in front of Marinette. The person leaves and comes back a few more times. They continue to put stuff in front of us. After a few more minutes of the person disappearing and reappearing they unchain us and leave. I crawl over to where Marinette is, ignoring everything that the person had put in here. I held Marinette and hoped that she woke up soon. She eventually started to wake up. When Marinette had fully woken up I explain what had been happening while she was unconscious. We both go over to the items and look at them. There where 2 knives with notes under them, and an hourglass. The notes said: "Use this knife to kill the other person before the time runs out. The person who is still alive will be set free." Marinette and I look at each other in horror. I knew that I would never hurt her so I made my decision. I grabbed the knife and was about to stab myself when I heard Marinette make a strange sound. I look over at her and see that she had stabbed herself so that I could be free. I rush over and hold her, trying to stop the blood. I didn't notice but the timer ran out and the door opened. "Why would you do this Mari?" I ask her, hoping she'd answer. There was no reply, her eyes were staring up at nothing. I couldn't move, I had just watched the love of my life die in my arms. As I was crying I heard something, it sounded like Marinette's voice. "Luka! Luka wake up!" Marinette said, shaking me out of my dream.