Ch. 10 Tainted

Tooth fluttered back and forth on top of a mountain full of greenery trying to come up with a plan that would give her Jack.

Maybe there was something in the Guardian book; a part that North found for him that may tell her some sort of way to counteract the effects that Jack had sustained to become human.

She stopped and smiled. That's it, she thought! Then aloud said, "I need to see the Guardian book. There has to be something in there that will get Jack to understand he needs to be a Sprite and that we're meant to be."

Tooth turned to the right of her and looked at the blue figure who stood before her. It was genderless and had no real form because it could take on multiple shapes. At this moment, the blue form exerted on the appearance of Jack Frost.

Tooth gently laid a hand upon this Jack's cheek, her smile still plastered on her face. "We will be together, my love.

"Oh, Lust! How your blue matches so well with Jack's hoodie and his gorgeous eyes." Her eyes took on a sad look, "Of course, at the moment, his eyes are brown."

Tooth's face looked dreamily up to the sky as her hands clasped under her chin, "Oh, how I miss those glowing blue orbs of his!" She looked back down at the figure and told it, "But, no matter! Everything will be as it once was." She placed a small kiss on its hardly noticeable lips.

She sat on the grass, "I'm sure Jack told them that I kissed him. And that they believe that's the reason why I didn't show up to the goodbye meeting. But, really, I couldn't go to that and accept that Jack wants to spend less than a hundred years with what's her face.

"If I have gone to that, Jack would only ignore me and tell me off as he did back at that woman's house."

Tooth stood back up then once again spoke to Lust, though it had no ears to hear her, "It should be over by now. I should head over there to see so I can get to the book."

It made her cringe that she wasn't there to try to keep, who he called "girlfriend", at arm's length away from him. But she believed, within herself, that will all change very soon.

Lust absorbed back inside her, and she flew in the direction of the North Pole.

******

Tooth got to the North Pole and looked through the windows to see if the goodbye meeting was still in any part of the building.

She flew toward one of the bay windows and caught sight of two figures sitting next to it on either side facing each other. She wasn't close, so they didn't acknowledge her presence.

She watched as Jack massaged the woman's hands and kept a smile on his face as he spoke with her.

Tooth couldn't lip-read, so she only concentrated on their expressions and movements.

And she, as expected, didn't like it.

******

"At least like this, we're able to contain ourselves," Jack said to Irma.

"For now," Irma answered. "But you can pull me closer to you at any moment."

"Ooh, don't tempt me," he smirked. "But we can do this. We have to try." His hands slid to her wrists and continued to massage, "Just a little while longer."

"At least we don't have to be too far apart, and we can still touch," Irma smiled, as she watched his hands maneuver upon her own and up to her forearms.

Jack pulled her left hand closer to his lips, causing Irma to lift slightly off the seat.

She had a surprised look, and Jack chuckled. "You thought I lost control and was pulling you in for some romance, weren't you?"