Chapter 16 Blues:

The little fairies called for each other as soon as they saw their queen fly off.

The two fairies that were with Jack and Irma told them they were now safe.

Jack smiled, thanking them while Irma clung to him as though she was afraid of still losing him.

His arm was still draped around her as they straightened up after getting out from behind the tall bush, and he brought his other arm around her when he heard sobbing.

"Hey, hey," he put a hand under Irma's chin to get her to look up at him. "Nothing's going to happen. Okay? Tooth will never be able to take me away from you." His face inched closer, "I'll make sure of that." He kissed the side of her mouth, then hugged her tightly.

"Do, do you promise?" she asked, sniffling.

"Remember? I will always keep my promises to you." Jack rubbed Irma's back with his right hand before settling it on her lower back.

"I won't let Tooth ruin our lives. We will get to where we left off before the ten days are up."

Jack kissed her cheek as he added, "Our souls are strong for each other. No one could ever change the way we feel; the way I feel about you."

Jack smiled, his chin resting on her shoulder, "I am madly in love with you."

Irma kissed his ear and smiled. She brought her hands under Jack's hoody and rested them on his upper hips.

The sound of tweets resonated soon after, and the couple looked toward the sounds, finding a bunch of the little fairies aweing over how precious the two humans were together.

Jack chuckled at them while Irma made a small smile.

Baby Tooth circled happily around them, and the two continued to laugh.

"Thank you Little Tooth's, for being on our side," Jack told them. "I know that it's going to be difficult for all of you for what's going on with Tooth, and I hope the Guardians and the Man in the Moon will be able to help get the old Toothiana back."

Baby Tooth circled Jack and Irma, stopped, and tweeted at them.

"What is she saying?" Irma whispered to Jack.

With a normal voice, he answered, "She's saying, you're welcome, and though this is a new situation for us, we'll manage because all we do is collect teeth. We'll find a way to get through this."

The other mini Tooth's gathered closer to them and tweeted in unison.

Jack repeated what he could gather of many of them talking at once, "Please don't think that what is happening to our queen is your fault, Jack.

"We care a lot about you and don't want to see you get hurt. We'll do the best we can to keep our queen away from you, but we would need the Guardian's help to do so."

Jack nodded, "I understand. And thank you again." He put his hand through Irma's hair and said, "We won't let what happened today deter us from living."

Jack turned his head back to the fairies, "You're free to return to your daily routines. We don't want to keep you from your duties."

Baby Tooth tweeted.

"I'm sure," Jack answered. "Any of you can check in on me if you want. But Irma and I really want some time alone."

Baby Tooth nodded in understanding, then turned to her comrades and told them that they should head back to the palace and keep an eye on their queen.

Toothiana was very disappointed in a handful of her fairies.

How could they keep her away from Jack like that?

They were her fairies! They shouldn't have gone against her like that. They should've already known that Jack was meant to be with her and not Irma!

She huffed, thinking to herself, everyone has lost their minds! It's like I'm living in a different universe!

She flitted back and forth at the highest point of her palace.

Tooth was going to have a serious talk with all fifteen of them.

Tooth glowed her lust's blue color; Lust was beginning to grow with more intense.

Anyone could think, that how she'd been acting because of her tainted lust, would have been all it was, but unbeknownst to them, it can grow to even more intensity to where even more reasoning and loss of control can vanish.

Tooth once loved the colors of the rainbow, but now it was the colorblue that once matched Jack's immortal life.