16

"(Y/n)..." you felt Lanette's soft fingers brush the strands of your hair behind your ear. You groan as you brought your arm to your eyes, shielding yourself from the blinding light.

"Please wake up, you were asleep for the whole day. You need to eat something." He cooed.

You didn't have the appetite. You just want to sleep. It's scary to you too, because you might not wake up next time. However, it felt like two tonnes of load pulling on your eyelids.

"(Y/n), please..." Lanette tenderly shook you by the arm. You forced yourself to keep your eyes open. You grunted as you try to sit upright. Lanette saw what you were trying to do, so he gently pushed you back down.

You shot him a quizzical look. He took a remote controller from the side of your bed and pressed a button, you jolted in surprise when it starts to recline forwards.
"Rich people's hospital bed..."

"Hey, what are you—" he pulled the overbed table to you. There were two containers on it: a lunchbox and a thermosflask. Also, there was a wooden bowl with a red apple and a peeler in it.

He uncovered the lunchbox, revealing numerous steamed dumplings. A portion of brown rice rests next to it with slices of avocadoes, cherry tomatoes and three different types of capsicum on top.

"Hey, what the heck..." you stare at the light green, pellet-like vegetable.

"These—" he pointed at them. "—are called Edamame. They are rich in soy isoflavones."

"Which means?" You asked.

"They're good for your heart. It lowers your cholesterol." He calmly explained.

In a separate, smaller container within the box held some dark brown sauce, you assumed that it's soy sauce for you to dip the dumplings in.

Overall, the food in the first box is very appetizing to you.

However, as soon as he opens the thermosflask...

"Oh boy." You muttered as you stared at it's contents. "C'mon, I can't—" Lanette hushed you by pushing an Edamame bean in your mouth. Of course, not with his bare fingers, but with a pair of (f/c) chopsticks.

"I won't hear it. I'm not leaving until you finish everything." You grimace at the steaming hot, bittergourd soup. Yes, it smells delicious, but smells could be deceiving.

"Why bittergourd?!"

"They do wonders to your health." He opened the container of soy sauce, dipped a dumpling in it then pushed it against your lips. You turned your head away from it.

"Hey, I can feed myself!" You pushed his hand away. Lanette pouted before handing you another pair of chopsticks and a duck spoon.

You started scooping a spoonful of rice, you opened your mouth to eat it. Instead of the fluffy brown rice entering your mouth, the dumpling in between Lanette's chopsticks was pushed in.

You turned your head to squint at him, he responded with a smug grin.

"Thank you." You said it with a tone as bitter as the hated gourd.

You ate in silence as Lanette peels the apple with the peeler. A soft smile made it's way on his face as he briefly glanced at you before focusing on preparing the fruit

Although he may not show it, he's having a headache. Why? He don't know how will your body react after he breaks the news, the big news.

Now, you're an international celebrity too.

Its inevitable that the news would reach you. But how is he going to tell without killing you? He nibbled his bottom lip nervously as he dragged the sharp edge of the peeler against the fruit.