49

TW: (mentions of) RAPE

The stress was too much for Lanette to handle. The hate mail, death threats, horrifying rape threats, flooding into his inbox and socials were overwhelming. It made his devices crash multiple times.

Your declaration of hate for him, you exposing him as the person he really is...

It all rushed in so quickly, he was in such a state of shock that Lanette needed a few minutes of silence to process what had happened.

The celebrity has made the decision to deactivate all his public social media accounts to reduce the number of notifications.

His fans and apologists are now at war with the general public. Which side is stronger? Neither, they're both formidable opponents. He's simultaneously receiving horrid backlash for mistreating you, violating your human rights and he's also receiving hardcore, undying support from his rabid fans.

He has yet to release a public statement. Lanette is now in a dilemma, if he apologizes... he can't take you back without tarnishing his reputation even more as they may perceive it as not sincere at all.

If he DOESN'T apologize... he will be seen as this cruel, heartless dictator. God knows what influence will it bring to his fans and the public.

Lanette brushed his long, silky hair with his fingers. He can't cry anymore, there are no more tears left for him to do so.

But he knows, no matter how terrible a celebrity is, as long as that celebrity is appealing to look at, they will never truly get cancelled. Everyone (well, at least the majority) would gobble up his 'apology' and still generate revenue for him. Soon, his slipups will become a mere hearsay and everything would be back to normal (except for the occational hate or rape threats and derogatory jokes made on the internet, but that cannot be avoided.)

It's not like this is Lanette's first major 'mistake'. This is one of many, however, this is considered one of the worst.

Why do you think he cries so much? And so convincingly? Why do you think he's scarily good at flipping the argument against others? Why do you think he went on to become a successful actor despite NEVER taking any acting classes at all?

He filled up a glass with drinkable water. The celebrity winced in pain as he popped two tablets of Tylenol out from the blister pack and pushed them into his mouth. Lanette's having a severe headache.

Lanette sniffled as he brought the glass of water to his lips, washing  the drugs down into his oesophagus.

He supported himself with his arms on the counter, Lanette wants to chase after you but...

He's all burnt out and exhausted. If he takes any more of this, he will collapse.

Lanette sighed and rubbed his temples as he stumbled away from the sink, leaving his glass there. He made a mental note to clean it up later.

"(Y/n), why must you hurt me like this...?" He mumbled, mostly to himself as he slowly and wearily made his way to the sofa.

Lanette then crawled up into a ball of despair on his furniture. He closed his eyes and pray that you'll be okay while he rest.

Even if it means... being under the care of Caecilius. Lanette's heart clench in jealousy, but it's the lesser of the two evils. It's either you get ripped apart by the mass public, or... face Caecilius's forceful advances but at least having some sort of shield to protect you.