23

"(Y/n)..." Lanette coos at you as he soothingly ran his slender fingers through (what's left) of your (h/c) hair.

You groan and rubbed your face. Lanette seized the chance to give you a short kiss on the forehead. It took you a few seconds until you comprehend what happened.

"Damn it! Stop— ah, why do I even try..." you pushed his hand away from your face and grumbled. The celebrity frowned a bit before continuing.

"It's time to eat." He whispered softly as he inclines the bed. You looked at the overbed table, there's a whole fruit platter in front of you. A metal food cover, rests on the side. "Mangoes, grapes, apples, kiwis, oranges, watermelon, honeydews, peaches... holy shit there are a lot of stuff. What the hell is that?" You squint at the semi-translucent, star shaped fruit.

"That, my dear (y/n), is the Carambola fruit. Commonly known as a 'star fruit' due to it's shape." He picked a slice up with a pair of chopsticks and brought it to your lips.

"Hey, I'm perfectly capable of feedin' myself." You tried to pick it up with your bare fingers. This sent alarm bells ringing in Lanette's mind.

"(Y/n)!" He pulled it away from you. "How unhygenic!"

"Then, give me a fork or something!" Lanette pouted and sets the fruit down. He hands you the pair of chopsticks.

You took note of his sudden dilation of his pupils when he glanced at the window.

"Hey, why did you put the food cover back on the—"

CRASH!

Lanette's first instinct was to protect you in his arms, embracing you tightly and shielding you from the flying shards.

Some of the sharp fragments made miniscule cuts on his clear skin. They're small enough not to be noticed in one look.

Something rectangular and hard shattered the fragile glass window. It landed in the middle of the room. The male panted wildly and shivered while you're still in his hold.

"(Y-y/n)! Are you alright!?" He pulled away and checked if you suffered any injuries from the flying glass.

"I'm fine! You should be asking yourself that!" You pointed at his tiny, bleeding cuts on his cheek. He started hyperventilating and pushing the call button next to your bed repeatedly.

"Hey! Cool it—"

"I can't! Your life is in danger, I don't know what is going on, or what just came in— (y/n)! Stay away from it!" He tried to grab you, but you were fast enough to dodge him, slip away and swipe the object off the floor. The small glass fragments cuts your already injured hand in the process.

The tubes attached to you are once more, forcibly removed. You were getting numb to it's pain.

You wince as the glass dug into your bare feet.

Lanette gasped, hot tears of fear started pouring out of his eyes.

"(Y/n)! Please, don't touch it—"

"Hey, hey, hey, it's fine. It's just my phone." You brought it up. It really was your 'brick phone' ductaped onto a literal, red brick. In Lanette's blurry, blue eyes, it looked like a bomb.

A blood curdling scream escapes his throat, it alerted his bodyguards and the rest of the crowd as it echos off the walls. You froze on the spot, you have never heard such distress from the male before.

"What happened!?" Your doctor and a few nurses were the first to burst into the scene, followed by a few of his bodyguards.

Lanette ignored them and tackled you to the ground, knocking the item off your hand. Both of you gained a few more cuts from the broken glass, but Lanette had it worse than you.