21

"—there are other ways to highten your image, you don't need to do that." You covered your head with the pillow, hoping that he would get the hint.

"That pathetic excuse of a man is just a pest, you shouldn't—"

"Oh, my god! You're like the mother I never wanted!" You were fed up with Lanette's lecturing and overbearing behavior. The male stopped talking to hear you out.

"I liked you better when you're... not brain dead." You grumbled through the pillow. Lanette frowned and leaned back into his chair.

"I only wanted the best for you!" He defended himself. You groaned in frustration, why can't he see that he's wrong?

"This shit's the worst for me." You replied.

"(Y/n), you were suffering before I stepped in. If you weren't my (y/n) I knew and loved, I wouldn't care to bat an eye. Why can't you see that I'm doing what's right for you!?" Lanette's voice started to strain and waver. You pulled the pillow away from your head and shot up.

"You're becoming your mom! You're saying the same crap your mommy told you!" You harshly pointed and shouted at him.

"N—" he paused in his tracks. You're right, Lanette is starting to see some similar patterns between him and the woman he vowed to never be.

But, he just cares about you! You're wrong, he's not like his mother at all! Unlike his mother, he knew that he's doing everything for your own benefit. He expected nothing in return except your company.

That's what he thought. Little did he know, his mother had the same thinking when she forced him to become an overachiever and to study as a doctor.

She also thought that she's doing everything for his son's benefit. She expected nothing in return except for his company when she's growing older.

He sighed and regained his composure. Yelling matches will go nowhere.

"No, (y/n). You're wrong, That tyrannical woman and I are not the same. She wanted me to become a doctor for her own selfish reasons, I gave you all these luxuries because I love you and it's for your own good." Lanette explained calmly as if he's talking to a child.

"That's what your mommy probably thought when she pushed you to become a human computer!" You argued back.

"No! She never cared about my feelings towards it, she never bothered to acknowledge the tremendous pressure and stress I went through!" You brought your hands to your head.

"Are you even listening to yourself right now? You're doing the same crap to me! I never wanted this, but here we are!" Lanette defiantly shook his head.

"I had no choice! You're too stubborn, I needed to save you from yourself!" He exclaimed. You waved your hand to dismiss him.

"This is going in circles, I don't wanna talk anymore." You rolled to your side and covered your head with the pillow again. Lanette hummed in displeasure.

"You were so sweet and reasonable back in highschool..." He mumbled and pouted.

"Whatever, man. Your words' the law. My words' the crime. Sicko." Lanette frowned at your dismissiveness.

And so, he thought to himself: what made you like this? Why are you blind to the fact that you're destroying yourself?

Lanette ran his fingers through his hair and sighed in despair.

"Damn it! Where's my phone!? Where's Tony, Mike, Linda and Karen!?" You start to rock yourself back and forth again. It alerted Lanette.

"Oh (y/n), please don't—"