39

A/n: thank you Dreamycassette for suggesting this idea!

——————————————

"Shit! Shit! Shit!" You dashed through his old, nearly deserted neighbourhood. None of his fans are chasing you, most of the tenants here are old people anyways.

So who are you running away from?

Lanette's bodyguards.

You didn't even see them! You thought they stayed behind because Lanette's the one driving today, turns out they were tailing the both of you.

You zipped through the empty neighbourhood, your speed was fast enough to send some dust particles and litter on the ground flying. Lanette's bodyguards seriously wonder where did you get this stamina and strength from, methylampethamine?

"Stop!" You hear Blibin yelled from behind, you ignored him and continued running like the wind.

Now, his bodyguards aren't that much of a threat. They're slower than you anyways.

But then...

"(Y/n)!" Your blood went cold when you hear Lanette's scream. You cursed louder when you hear another pair of rapid falling footsteps.

You shrieked when you hear him gaining on you. You forced yourself to burn the last of your energy to boost your speed. It hurts, but you don't want to face Lanette now!

You're running because you wanted a moment to gather your thoughts alone. You knew that Lanette will never grant you that, he'll be constantly pestering you with his affection.

You can never outrun Lanette. The only way you can evade him is by hiding somewhere. How? You're directly in his field of sight, there is no where to hide!

"Shit! Shit! Shit!" You skidded into a corner, you're out of his sight but only for a split second. Where can you hide? Where can you—

"Whoa!" Someone grabbed you by the arm and pulled you to a secluded alley. A hand was clasped over your mouth, preventing you from saying anything.

You watch Lanette and his men run past your hiding spot. Once their yelling is out of earshot, your savior lets go of you.

You panted and turn around to see who your savior is.

"What the hell— how did you know I was here!?" You half-yelled.

"I-I go wherever Lanny goes! D-don't think I was stalking you, my eyes are reserved for Lanny only!" Caecilius crossed his arms and stuck his nose up high. He looks a bit flustered.

You shook your head and held it with your hands.

"Whatever, man. Holy shit, thanks, you saved my ass there." You stumbled further into the alley, Caecilius trailed behind.

"Why didn't you answer my texts!? Not even a read!? Like, rude!" You furrowed your eyes, Caecilius texted you?

"You did?" You paused and fished your phone out.

"Um, yeah. I spammed you!" He placed his hands on his hips.

You tried pressing the 'on' button, it didn't do anything. All it showed was a black screen.

"Damn, this— this shit's broken..." you pressed it repeatedly, trying to solve the problem.

"You wanker, its battery is dead! Didn't you charge it this morning?!" Caecilius hissed.

"Ya need to? My old phone can go for days without chargin'... damn those new tech ain't shit." You mumbled. Caecilius groaned in frustration.

"No wonder I lost its ping an hour ago!" You raised an eyebrow at his remark.