45

A/n: short chapter

"Stop calling me, damn it!" You hissed through the phone. You had to hide in the bathroom to avoid getting caught by Lanette.

"Well, start picking up my calls then." Caecilius snarkily retorted.

"78 missed calls in an hour!? Why did you even wanna call me!?" You shielded your mouth.

"—And don't forget, I sent around a thousand text messages which... you didn't reply to. Anyways, I just wanted to hear your lovely voice and talk to you— so, how's your day? Did you receive my presents? I hope you like them, you deserve the finest gifts in the world!" He cheerfully spoke through the phone.

"What— are you for real!? Listen, thanks. But no thanks, too much shit is coming in! And I can't even have it cause Lanette doesn't allow anything inside!" You quietly mumbled.

There was a short pause.

"...oh. I absolutely despise that man." You felt chills down spine, his tone suddenly went cold.

"Look, I can't— Whatever your feelings are towards me right now, I'm sorry but I can't return it. Go download a dating 'app' or something!" You hastily whispered as you hear Lanette's calm footsteps outside.

You jolted when you hear him knocking on the door.

"(Y/n)? Is everything okay in there?" He softly asked. Suddenly, Caecilius started screaming words of hatred through the phone.

"I hate him! I hate that good for nothing, stinking, stupid piece of—"

"(Y/n), hang up." Lanette sternly commanded. You forgot that he has ultra sensitive hearing.

"Sorry, gotta go." You muttered.

"(Y/n), I love you! I promise that I will get you out of that bloody hellhole—!" You hung up.

You sighed, before you could even put the phone back into your pocket, it rang. Showing Caecilius's Caller's ID.

"(Y/n), please open the door." Lanette gently instructed, you slowly did as told.

"Hey!" The long haired male swiped the gadget away from you and blocked Caecilius. He then accessed your phone's messages, he scoffed at the flood of messages from Caecilius.

You saw Lanette tapping away on your phone. Curious on what he's doing, you stood closer to take a look at the messages he's composing.

No... he wasn't typing any messages. He was... struggling to block all of Caecilius's phone numbers.

"What the hell...?" You were shocked that so many different numbers popped up in rapid succession. It's spamming your phone with thousands of messages and hundreds of calls.

"Hey, how can he do that so fast? Does that mean he got like hundreds of phones with him now?" You asked as Lanette's fingers darted here and there to block the numbers.

"He must be using a bot or a malware of some sort. It isn't possible for a human to manually fire this much spam calls and messages in one go. He did this to me before, leaving me no choice but to change my numbers more times than I can count." Lanette mumbled as you can see that he's starting to get annoyed by the notification sounds.

The calls kept coming in, messaging notifications kept showing up to the point that your phone is practically useless. Lanette couldn't keep up with Caecilius's sudden stampede of phone numbers that he shut your phone down and removed the sim card.

Lanette smiled at you and handed you back your gadget.

"He shouldn't bother you now—" His blue eyes widened his phone sounded.

"M-maybe it's just a normal notifica—" A 'ding!' From his phone cut you off.

Ding!

Ding!
Ding!

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding!

He closed his eyes momentarily as he sighed in exasperation. Now Caecilius has moved onto his phone, his ringtone starts to play excessively. Lanette calmly removed his very noisy phone from his pocket before removing the sim card of it too.

Lanette then proceeds to throw the sim cards into the kitchen's hidden trashcan.

He inhaled and exhaled forcefully.

"Looks like we will both need new phone numbers." He giggled in an attempt to lighten the situation.

You find nothing humourous about this. It's incredibly unnerving that Caecilius would do that.

"(Y/n), wait here. I'll talk to my bodyguards, okay? Don't touch your phone, he might spam you through Squeaker. Here—" you screeched when he took his pet Cobalt Blue Tarantula out of his hair.

You forgot he has a pet spider!

"Oh, don't fret. She's friendly, she won't bite— I'm sure you met her before." Lanette gently sets the arachnid on your head, you're flailing your hands in panic as her hairy legs press against your scalp.

"Agh! Lanette! What the hell do I do with it!?" You grimace at the feeling of it crawling all over your head.

"She will keep you company while I sort this out, stay here with her, okay? I'll be back." He pressed a kiss on your forehead before walking to the main exit.

"Ew ew ew ew..." you tried to grab it but it hid in your hair.

At least it's really keeping you busy.