ten: mixed emotions

7 AM the next morning: Kimberly eventually got up to go to her room, she put the throw blanket on Laurianna. She didn't wanna wake her.

Dave and Melanie were a little jet lag & sleeping in later than usual.

9:00 AM:

Laurianna was fresh out the shower wearing a grey hoodie & black Nike leggings. Hair in a messy bun. She finished her morning hygiene routine and was getting ready to head down stairs, as she was walking out her room she saw Dave

Dave was walking out his room dressed for his morning run.

She had an uneasy feeling but she kept walking down the hallway. He noticed her out of the corner of his eye but kept walking.

The two made it downstairs, nobody else was awake yet. She knew Dave would go to the fridge so she calmly and without any messy intentions, walked to the fridge and grabbed a green apple.

She turned around and Dave was standing there, hands in his pockets facing the TV, the morning news was on, she walked around him and sat on the couch. He didn't move, he just looked at her.

She looked back at him then at the TV, she didn't wanna catch another look then him just looking away so she did it for him, but instead he took a breath then spoke.

" Look .. I didn't mean to hurt you If I did... " he said

Laurianna, shocked to even be hearing him speaking to her, looked at him, heart racing.

" But I love Melanie, aight? She's my wife. All the shit we was doing was nothing. Just a one time thing. That's it. We should've never got physical" he sucked his teeth and looked away.

He spoke as if he was trying to reassure himself that, that was true but either way Laurianna felt her heart drop to her stomach. The things she thought all along were true.

She let a few tears fall, no sobbing, just a soft light cry.. She didn't want to show him anymore weakness than she's had already.

" You didn't have to speak on that to me. I could tell. " she said

she got up holding the rest of her composure, to walk upstairs

Dave felt his mind start to race. His heart beating faster, he didn't want to see her hurt in his mind he was doing what's right even though deep down he knew it felt like the wrong move or maybe the wrong way to go about shit. He felt like ignoring her would've been the better option instead of seeing the one thing he didn't want to. Tears in her eyes that were caused by him.

"Laurianna wait" He followed after her, reached out to grab her arm but there Melanie was coming down the stairs.

Laurianna hurried up the stairs and into her room to let the tears out.

Melanie made a face of confusion. " Um what was that about?" She said approaching Dave

" I was gonna tell her to check on you for me. That's all " he rubbed Melanies arms and kissed her giving her a fake reassuring smile. " Oh okay, she just looked a little upset that's why I was confused... Goodmorning though babe."

" Goodmorning. I'm about to go for my run. " he plugged his headphones in and out the house to begin his run down the beach.

Lauriannas POV:

I finally know the truth even though I could feel that that's how he felt the past few weeks.

I cried and cried until I felt I could pull myself back together then i felt a little blank.