The Eldest Daughter: Chapter 3

The Eldest Daughter
Chapter 3
------------------------------------------------------
"Where've you guys been?" Percy asked as we walked up.
"Helping Jason." I wink at wink Thalia. She laughs.
"Yeah, he was freaking out about his date with Piper tonight. So, we helped him out." We walk over to the Zeus table. Hamburger and Dr. Pepper... Also known as heaven. Thalia gets salad and water... Why?
"Health freak?" I raise an eyebrow.
"Not usually."
"Lies!" Nico yells from the hades table. I bust out laughing.
"Well, you, Nico, are obliviously not one." He had chocolate cake, french fries, and a chocolate frosty. He laughs and continues eating.
"So, seriously. How?" Thalia looks at me like I'm an impossible puzzle.
"How what?"
"You haven't aged and you know us all."
"I can't tell you yet, especially right now."
Thankfully, Chiron stopped her from asking any more questions. He stomped is hoof to get everyone's attention. "Everyone! We have a new old camper!" I start trying to tell him no. "Jasmine? Would you come up front?"
Thalia chuckles at me as I slouch an walk over. I hate public events. I get up there, wave and go to leave. But Chiron puts his hand on my shoulder to stop me. "She was a camper her a long time ago. Very few of you knew her then."
"Yep, I'm back!" I look at Chiron and whisper, "Can I go sit back down now?!"
"Fine." he whispers back.
I quickly get back to my seat.
Thalia busts into laughter as soon as I sit back down.
"What's so funny?" I ask her.
"Oh, nothing... Nothing at all." She laughs more.

After dinner, I go to docks to see how Jason's doing. Gross, they're kissing! "Ew!!" I yell as a sneak up. They both jump and almost fell off the docks. Someone starts laughing behind me, I turn to see who.... Leo, great.
"That was mean!" Jason yells at me. I smile and shrug my shoulders at him.
"No, man! That was awesome!" Leo corrects him.
"Well, I have to agree to Jason. You ruined our kiss." Piper says. Is Jason blushing now?
"Well, I'm with DJ." Leo tells her.
"DJ?" Jason asks as he gets up.
"Yeah, when we used to know each other, she called me Candlestick and I called her DJ."
"Why?" Piper asked.
"Well, I knew about his powers before he did and it fit. But I'm not sure why he called me DJ." I explain my point of view.
"Well, see. Your names Jasmine, your typical nickname is Jazz, and it's a type of music. So it fit... And I just like calling someone DJ." He smiled. "Oh, yeah! Chiron asked me to tell y'all that we needed to head to our cabins." He runs off.
"Night guys!" I head toward my cabin.

Great... Nightmares. They started out at the night Leo's mother died. Ever since I had left, I would come every little while and check on them. But today, they weren't ok. The shop was burning extremely fast and the fire department wasn't there yet. I run in to see what's happening. Gaea?? She's not really here though, she still asleep. Leo's causing the fire. Where's his mom? I run through the shop. When I finally find her, she's unconscious. I try get her out, but I'm not strong enough and the fire's getting stronger. I keep trying, but I'm making zero progress. Finally I hear sirens outside. I decide that I can't go into foster care and that they'll be able to help her. So I go out the nearest window. And run into the woods.
Then in the dream, I flash forward a week. I'm reading a newspaper. Headlines states "LOCAL MECHANIC DIES IN FIRE!"

"No!" I wake up and hit my head on the top bunk. "Uh." I put my hand on my head.
"You ok?" Thalia puts her head down to look at me.
"Yeah, I'm fine." I get up, followed by Thalia and Jason and we start getting ready for the day.