The Eldest Daughter: Chapter 10

The Eldest Daughter
Chapter 10
------------------------------------------------------
Thankfully, I hadn't no nightmares tonight. Sadly, I didn't sleep any. After laying in my bed wide awake for three hours, I quietly get up and head outside.
"What are you doing?" Ezra whisper as I walk out.
"Ah!" He covers my mouth.
"Shh! You want to be eaten?" He whisper.
"It's your fault for scaring me!" I whisper-yell.
"Sorry."
"And what do you mean, 'what am I doing?' What are you doing?"
"I couldn't sleep."
"So why'd you come over here?"
"I was seeing who was awake. This was the last cabin to check."
"Well, I couldn't sleep either." We walk down the steps. "I'm worried about Chiron."
"Why?"
"Well, when I was young... Like actually young. I spent a lot of time with him. He's my uncle and we were really close."
"Oh... Well. Chiron's tough. He'll be fine." Ezra fake smiles, trying to cheer me up.
"Yeah, I hope so." We walk over towards the Big House. "Are you afraid of heights?"
"No, why?" He looks at me. I grab his wrist and fly up to the roof of the Big House. "Please... Give me... A little... Warning... Next time." He says between breaths.
"Sorry." I smile and sit down. Ezra sits next to me. "Sure is pretty tonight."
"Yeah." He says looking at me.
"So, tell me about yourself." I smile and look at him.
"What do you want to know?"
"Where'd you go, when you left this place?"
He gulped. "Um, well see. I had been told my mom was dead. And that same night that you left, Hades came to me. He said that my mom was still alive. But he wouldn't tell me where she was. So, I went searching for her."
"Did you find her?"
"Yes." He said harshly.
"Where?"
"She had died, during the time I was looking for her."
"I'm so sorry." I drop my head.
"It's ok. And besides, it's not your fault." He puts his arm around me. I rest my head on his shoulder.
"This is nice." I smile.
"Yeah, it really is."
"So, do you have any less depressing things about yourself?"
He chuckles a little. "I'm blessed by Apollo. That's part of the reason I'm so great at acting. That and my mom was an actress. But she wasn't in any big movies or anything."
"Oh, that's cool. Not that your mom wasn't in any big movies. That your blessed by Apollo." Ezra laughs and hugs me closer. We sit there in peaceful silence the rest of the night.