The Eldest Daughter: Chapter 12

The Eldest Daughter
Chapter 12
------------------------------------------------------
Not twenty minutes after dinner, we were surrounded by Doom Walkers.
"We've got to get some light on them!" I yell to the group.
"Flashlights?" Annabeth yells tossing them to everyone.
"Good thinking." I catch mine. "But, there's to many of them!"
We continue fighting. "Let's get them into the city. The street lights might help." Nico yells. We start heading that way.
When get in the city. Sadly, we end up cornered in an alley. Even worst, it has no lights. At least they're not trying to kill us. Wait... They're not trying to catch us. They managed to to get us all down though. I had two hold me back against the wall, each holding an arm. The leader, that I recognize all to way, walks up in front of me. "Father has missed you." Shadow hisses.
"I hear that most people end up missing me." I smile, fakingly and angrily.
"Jasmine, what's he talking about?" Nico asks.
"Questions will be answered soon." Shadow answers him. Then shadow travels us to the dungeon. He's thankfully no where in sight. It's two per cage. I fall down, gripping a stomach. "Uh... I hate shadow travel." I complain.
"Jasmine?" Zeus asks across the walkway, in the cage across from me and Ezra.
"Dad?" I get up and walk the the door.
"Are you ok?"
"Eh, I've been better." I shrug. "You?"
"About the same."
"You look horrible."
"Gee, thanks."
"She's right." Hera comes to the door.
"Mom! You honestly don't look much better."
"Hey!" She crossed her arms.
"Sorry." I shrug. "Hey, Hazel?"
"Yeah?"
"Can you, and maybe Hecate, work with the mist and get it to be one big area?"
"Sure." She answers, and a few seconds later we were all in one big room. Then, two seconds later, Nico had his fore arm against my throat. "How do you know them?!" Ezra and Jason pulled him back.
"Well... Um... Ya see... Moros... He was... My... Um... Adopted dad... At one time." I put my arms in front of my face before someone could punch me. Slowly, I bring them back down.
"Really?" Zeus asked.
"Yeah." I scratch my head.
"So, he has a soft spot for you?" Annabeth asks.
"I don't know."
We were interrupted by some Doom Walkers unlocking the main door. We quickly got back in place and Hazel worked the mist back. They walked in and came over to my cage. Two walked in and kept Ezra back. Three other walked in to get me. They handcuffed my hands behind my back. One walked in front of me, the other two each held an arm. They walked me into the throne room and threw me down on my knees, in front of Moros. "Hello, child." He smiled evilly.
"Hi, Moros." I say harshly.
"So, you're helping the gods now?"
"Um, yeah." I make a face say 'well duh!'
"Why?"
"Because, they're family."
"Family doesn't matter."
"Then why are you talking to me?"
"I..." He paused. "Take her back!" He yelled to the Doom Walkers.
------------------------------------------------------