Ch 1

(Billie's Pov)

I was walking the streets my hood up so I wouldn't be recognized and I headed towards an old seemingly abandoned building. A man was standing out front basically the bouncer. I paid my way to get in and head inside the building crowded with people surrounding a homemade boxing ring. I pushed my way to the front watching fascinated as the two opponents fight each other. Lots of people were cheering but I stayed quiet to busy watching the fight. One of the guys was obviously bigger than his opponent but his moves were sloppy. He tried to doge the smaller guys punch but was to slow and he hit the floor hard knocked out. A bunch of cheers rang out while some people groaned obviously picking the bigger guy as their choice of winner. Money was passed around but none of them made as much as the fighters managers. They got most of the money from the bets and always came out rich. I continued watching the fights buying a couple drinks that were passed out but not enough to get drunk. Soon during the early hours of the morning the fights started dying down to a close. I waited for everyone to leave before heading up to the ring. My hands rested on the strong brown rope made to be the ring ropes and I made a decision right there. I was gonna be an underground ring fighter. I soon left and headed home climbing the fire escape to my window which was left unlocked. I opened it and climbed through to my room closing the window and locking it then I change into my pajamas and climb into bed immediately falling asleep.