Read My Lips: Chapter 27

• Dedicated to My awesome readers!

Chapter 27

(Check out my new story in the external link (or under 'Works' on my page); it's Undercover Protection if you haven't already)

This chapter is dedicated for everyone who's voted/commented on this story. Thank you all so much!

For New Years, my mum let me have a group of friends over. Obviously, I chose Zach, Rebekah, Jake, Dan and Ryan. I was only choosing the few people that I had made friends with over the past months. In case that wasn't obvious enough already. 

It was only going to be a small get together type of thing for the New Year, my dad was setting off fireworks and my mum was putting out some food for us.

 My parents and I done this every year; celebrated New Years, the only difference this time was that I was having a some friends over to celebrate it with me. I was actually looking forward to it.

Looking in the mirror, I ruffled my hair up after I applied the last small amount of makeup. I didn’t really wear a lot. Tonight was New Years and everyone was due to arrive soon; at six pm to be exact. It was currently only quarter to six but I wanted to make sure that I had plenty of time to get ready.

I hadn’t gone all out considering it was only a small-ish get-together in my house, I’d simply put on a black dress that my mum had brought for me for Christmas. It was cute and I wanted to wear it and there wasn’t a better time than tonight.

The doorbell rang earlier than I expected it to, someone had arrived. Part of me guessed it was Zach since he was… well… Zach.

Ever since the whole issue with Mark and Paul, he'd been so nice and caring. He didn't like to leave my side. And since we'd gotten back together, he'd been treating me so good. Zach was literally the sweetest person ever.

I never mentioned Max and Paul to my mum or anyone for that matter. We watched the news and from there we found out that he had indeed been arrested so that was one less thing to worry about. Now he was out of the picture, there was no one threatening Zach so we didn't have to worry about that anymore.

My mum would only worry way more than what was necessary, I mean I would most likely be put on house arrest or something. I loved that she worried about me, I really did, it showed how much she cared but sometimes, she could go over the top.

Also, I didn't want Zach to be brought into this because it would just make him look like the bad guy when he was only involved to protect me. In all honesty, it was a sweet gesture. To some extent.

The doorbell rang again making me jump back to reality.

I ran down the stairs before mum or dad could manage to answer the door, I wanted to be the one to do it, just so I could see my friends for the first time in ages, I missed them and it'd only been a few days.

“Hi!” I grinned when I pulled the door open. Zach was stood there, a wide grin on his face. He looked breath taking.

“Hi yourself,” He grinned back leaning forward and leaving a kiss on my cheek. His hand rested on the other side of my face as his thumb slowly stroked my cheek. It was a sweet gesture. “You look so beautiful.”

I could feel the blush slowly spreading across my cheeks as he spoke those words. “T-thank you.”

Zach chuckled at my stuttering before he pulled me into a tight hug. He planted a soft kiss on my neck then pulled back, grasping my hands in his. “Aren’t you going to invite me in? It’s a lil’ bit cold.”

It was still slightly snowy outside since it was still winter. The snow wasn't as bad as what it was but underneath the snow was ice and the ice was horrific. I managed to fall every time.