One 🥀

The walls were simply cream. The room was an undertone of bleach and the floors were simply grey. No decorations were around; The windows were brown and the weather was gloomy. No one was sat beside Mattia's bed other than Mia. The young sobbing girl held his hand tightly, as he fought for his life.

Nurses surrounded his hospital bed, attaching IV's, heart monitors and oxygen tanks. It was bad. Really bad. Mattia was deeply asleep; he haven't seen Mia yet, in fact, he thinks he's now in a completely different world and not alive.

Mia held him tightly, resting her forehead against his chest as she listened to his heart beat at a rapid pace. It was currently two in the morning. Everyone that settled into the hospital was most likely asleep apart from the nurses and doctors.

She couldn't sleep. She needed him to wake up. She needed him alive. Suddenly, it was like her thoughts were answered; the sound of the monitor was beeping and that alerted Mia. She quickly stood up and called out to the nurses in which after; Doctor Harrison who was assigned to be Mattia's doctor along with nurses followed after, "Would you leave the room for a second?" The young female nurse looked at Mia.

"No." She immediately shook her head in response, she wanted to stick by Mattia's side, even though he'd come out dead or alive, she wanted to be by his side. The nurse rolled her eyes and gestured Mia to at least stand on the side in which she agreed too.

Five minutes turned into ten and ten turned into fifteen and what did Mia do? Stood there and watched as they tried to figure out the problem. She prayed, prayed that nothing was wrong and it was just a false alarm and Mattia was just deeply asleep. The doctor asked the two nurses to leave the room in which they did; except the female nurse sent a glare towards Mia on the way out.

"Mia correct?" The doctor turned to look at the young girl standing there, Mia eagerly nodded her head; wanting to hear what was wrong. The doctor held a clipboard and flipped through a page, "All is good," He paused, removing his glasses and tucking into his doctors coat, "It was just a false monitor alarm, he's currently deeply asleep and will be awoken in the morning for breakfast," He sent a small smile towards Mia, "You should get some sleep, sweetheart." And with that, the doctor left the room and patted Mia's shoulder on the way.

She sighed in relief and put a hand over her chest in which under was her heart beating in a rapid pace. She walked towards Mattia's side and held his hand, she couldn't sleep, she was too scared and anxious to head to sleep. What if Mattia does not make it out alive? What if it isn't a false alarm and the doctor is just lying to not freak Mia out? Many thoughts rushed through Mia's mind and that out of many reasons kept her awake the most.

Mia had to get some sleep eventually so she placed her head on Mattia's chest. Relief rushed over her once she heard his heartbeat softly beat as soon as she closed her eyes, a familiar but tired voice spoke up.

"M-Mia?"