Nine 🥀

"They found your father." As soon as those words came out of the doctors mouth, Mattia was quick to sit up and so did Mia. He glanced at her then back at the Doctor, who had a growing smile on his face.

"What? H-How?" Mattia asked the doctor. He was shocked but glad at the same time, although he was also scared. Where would that lead him next? With no family and nobody by his side, apart from Mia, who would he live with?

"They found him at a nearby motel, followed his tracks from a bar he was last at," The Doctor replied, "He's currently being interrogated and will be assigned a court date," He then paused, "Although, it's quite a problem for you, Mr. Polibio."

Mia knew where this was going to, she knew exactly where Mattia would be right after leaving the Hospital. He'd be put in a foster home for the remaining of his teenage life, and she was scared for him.

"I'm going to be put in a foster home, aren't I?" Mattia asked, lowly. His heart ached at the thought of him being away from Mia. The doctor slowly nodded his head with a slight frown.

"We've already managed that," He then sighed heavily, clicking on his pen, "We found a decent family." He told Mattia. Mattia looked at Mia with a small smile.

"It'll be okay," Mia softly told him, grabbing his hand and caressing it, "You'll find a better family. Your life is going to be easier, Mattia." She sent him a small smile. Mattia just stared at her, with worry flashing across his eyes, maybe he will find a better family but he'll be away from the girl he's fallen in love with.

"When will this all go down?" Mattia asked, eagerly wanting to know the answers to all the questions that he had, running through his mind as he tightly held onto Mia's hand.

"Well, you're set to leave tomorrow evening," The doctor replied, clutching onto his clipboard, "And then you'll have a choice to attend the trial or just head straight to the airport." And then, his heart dropped and so did Mia's.

"Airport?" Mattia asked, furrowing his eyebrows as he gulped. He completely ignored the trial statement, as he did not want to see his father, even at the worst. The doctor let out a heavy breath and nodded his head, frowning.

"The family you'll be staying with is all the way in Canada." The doctor replied. Mia widened her eyes and Mattia just sat there, not knowing what to say or do.

Mariano was now on the way back home, throughout the way, he couldn't help but think of Mia. He wanted to know more about the girl, and wanted to get to know her better.

His thoughts were interrupted when his phone started to ring, he grabbed it and glanced at the road then back at the phone, he noticed it was his Mother calling.

Mariano quickly replied, "Hey, what's up?" He asked, gripping the steering wheel as he made a turn. He heard silence coming from the other line, "Mom? Are you alright?" He asked her.

"H-Honey...." She paused, "It's your g-grandma, come b-back." With that, the line ended and Mariano was already speeding up, on the way back to the Hospital, but as he did,  he noticed a truck coming in his direction and then....

Everything went black.