Five🥀

"What took you so long?" Mattia asked Mia as soon as she entered the room, a frown on his face. He had missed her while she was gone; it has been almost half an hour. Mia gently closed the door behind her and walked towards Mattia's bed.

"I'm sorry, the cafeteria was quite crowded." She lied. She didn't want to let Mattia down by saying she spent her time talking to a guy she bumped into. Why did she even care? It wasn't like Mattia and Mia were a thing.

"Are you lying to me, Mia?" He asked, a frown still in his face and his jaw was tense. He had finished eating and the nurse took away his tray earlier so while Mia was gone, he was laid in bed watching a random boring TV show. His phone was taken, it was part of being on Suicide Watch.

Mia took a deep breath, she couldn't lie anymore; she's too truthful for that, "Yes," she truthfully told him, "I bumped into this guy-" she was cut off by Mattia.

"Guy?" He asked, with both eyebrows raised as he clenched his jaw, "You know him or some fucking shit? What is it that you're hiding from me?" He asked, sitting up and looking at Mia with a tense stare.

"Mattia-" she was once again cut off by a slam. Mattia had slammed his fist against the nightstand next to him, which made Mia gasp, "Mattia please calm down-"

"CALM DOWN? YOU WANT ME TO FUCKING CALM DOWN WHEN YOU KNOW DAMN FUCKING WELL I LIKE YOU AND WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU DO? YOU GO AHEAD AND FUCKING MEET UP WITH SOME GUY YOU'VE PROBABLY BEEN FUCKING BEHIND MY BACK AND-" Mattia's outburst was cut off by a nurse entering the room quickly.

"What in the world is going on?" She worriedly asked, glancing between Mattia and Mia. Mia had a shocking espression; she didn't expect this at all from Mattia, although she did know he'd become mad but she did not expect him to be furious about her bumping into a guy.

"I'm going to go." Mia calmly told Mattia, she didn't want to break down in front of Mattia. She didn't understand him right now. Mattia was about to stand up but the nurse held him back as Mia left and as she did; tears began scrolling down her cheeks.

Just as she exited the room, she received a message from an unknown number;

Hey it's Mariano

Free?

She smiled to herself. She definitely needed him right now and someone to rant to; she didn't want to rant to her annoying co-workers. She felt like she could trust him already.

Omg hey

And yea I am whats up?

Moments after he had texted back, it was like he was waiting every second for her text back.

Was wondering if you'd like to hang out?

Mia smiled to herself, that made her day a little. She definitely did not want to go home and cry on her own.

Of course! Are you still at the hospital?

Seconds after, he responded.

Yeah, meet me down in the reception in two?

Mia put away her phone and made her way down to the reception. The elevator ride was awkward as it was just her and a old woman in a wheelchair along with her nurse.

Once Mia reached the ground floor, she waited patiently by the door for Mariano. Two minutes passed and Mariano still hasn't arrived. She furrowed her eyebrows and texted him;

Hey, where are you?

Just as Mia sent that, an arm around her shoulder surprised her. She looked up seeing Mariano, a small smile on his face. She wondered what had made him happy, was it the fact he met such beautiful girl?

"Hello there, Miss Mia." He sent her a playful wink as they both walked towards the exit of the hospital, "I'm sorry I made you wait, my grandma needed me." He apologized to her. Mariano was currently at the hospital because of his grandmothers condition; she had a lung infection and was currently fighting for her life.

"Oh it's fine," Mia waved him off. It wasn't really fine since Mia is not really patient, "And oh uhm is that why you're here?" She softly asked him, looking up at him as he pulled out his car keys.

"Uh yeah," he pulled his arm away and opened the door for Mia. Mia quietly thanked him and got in his fancy sports car; was he rich or is it a rental? She was now curious on how he could afford such car, "My grandma is basically fighting for her life." He slowly chuckled. It wasn't a playful chuckle; it was a chuckle that hid pain behind it.

"I'm sorry." She told him, buckling up, Mariano give her a weird but funny look, "What?" She giggles to herself, fiddling with her fingers. Mariano was confused on why she apologized, it isn't like it's her fault his grandmother was in such horrible condition.

"What you apologizing for silly," he laughed and shook his head as he started the car, "So anyways," he paused as he adjusted the rear view mirror before buckling himself up, "What about you?" Mariano asked. Mia was confused on his question but then noticed he was asking on why she was at the hospital. She didn't know weather to lie or not. Mia isn't the type to lie so she told him the truth.

"Uhm it's quite a long story," she replied, looking out the window as they pulled out the parking lot, Mariano hummed gesturing for her to continue as he tapped his fingers against the steering wheel, a hand was on his steering wheel and the other was in his lap, "My friend tried uh," she paused, pinching herself so she would not break down in front of Mariano, "Overdosing." She finished off, gulping.

"Is she alright?" Mariano asked. He didn't know what to say. Mia closed her eyes before re-opening them and sitting up properly; don't cry don't cry don't cry don't cry she thought to herself, "Mia?" He glanced at the girl then back at the road.

"He's getting better," She finally replied, in a low tone. She didn't want to talk about it or else she would remember what had just happen and Mattia's sudden outburst. She was just starting to forget about it, Mariano frowned secretly to himself before hiding it with a small assuring smile. It was a he, was this girl taken? He thought to himself, "So uh where are we heading to?" Mia changed the subject and asked him.

Mariano stopped at a red light before looking at Mia, "I was thinking of the park but we could change plans if you'd like." He told her, adjusting himself in his seat before running a hand through his curly hair.

"No no, the park sounds fine." She replied, a smile on her face. Mariano smiled back as the light turned green and he looked back at the road as he drove towards the park. It was sure going to be one interesting day and Mia knew it.