Two🥀

"M-Mia?" The sound of Mattia's tired voice alerted Mia. She instantly looked up and tears were already scrolling down her cheeks. He was alive and right now, that's all that mattered to Mia.

"Oh my god!" Mia instantly wrapped her arms around Mattia's body as she smiled through her tears. Mattia laid there confused, what happened to him? He couldn't remember a thing, "Y-Your alive..." She sobbed out. This time, she was crying tears of joy.

"What h-happened?" Mattia confusingly asked. He tried his best to remember, had he died and came back to life? He had so many questions running through his mind, "Why am I in a hospital room, Mia? What happened?" He tiredly asked, he hid pain behind his voice. He wasn't feeling too well.

"Mattia...." Mia spoke up with a small frown, "You don't remember?" She asked. He slowly shook his head, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he looked at Mia right in the eyes. Even with tears in her eyes, she managed to look so beautiful. He thought to himself, "You uhm," She paused, taking a deep breath, "Tried to k-kill yourself." She finished off, holding the sob back. She didn't want to remember the sight she saw him laying on the floor, with a empty bottle of pills next to him. It was horrific.

"I-I d-did?" Mattia asked, gulping. He did not remember a thing, it was like he completely lost his memory. The last thing he remembered was his father beating the fuck out of him, and speaking of his father, "I-I just r-remember being b-beaten up by my father...." He clenched his jaw. He was the one not trying to cry now, "W-Where is he?" He managed to ask, grabbing Mia's hand and interlocking their fingers together.

Mia had a frown on her face, she couldn't believe how a father would do such thing to his own son. It was unbelievable, we really lived in a cruel world. Mia had to tell him what had happened when she found him on the floor and so she did.

FLASHBACK:

"Mattia!" Mia screamed in horror as the tears came scrolling down her cheeks. She couldn't believe it. He had broken her promise. He was gone. Completely gone, "M-Mattia please! Please wake up!" She leaned down, and grabbed him, with her shaky hands as she shook him. She hoped this was all a nightmare.

She noticed he wasn't breathing, but calmed down once she felt his heart slowly beating. She shakily pulled out her phone and dialed 911, "911, whats your emergency?"  The operator asked.

"P-please I n-need an ambulance!" She hiccuped, "A-And the police....p-please..." she sobbed out. She was feeling all sort of emotions. She was mad, and sad. She wanted the police to catch his father and throw him in prison. Mattia didn't deserve this. He never did.

"Alright ma'am, please tell me your address." Mia did as she was told before being told that they were on their way. She ended the phone and threw it carelessly as she tried to do whatever she could so he could wake up.

"Mattia please...." She sobbed out, holding his face but he didn't move, it was like he was completely lifeless but she knew he wasn't because she could feel his heartbeat but she was scared that he wouldn't make it in time, "Breathe for me...please," She paused, sobbing, "I need you...." She finished off, laying her head on his chest.

Ten minutes after staying in the same position, the paramedics arrived as well as the cops. They took Mattia away in a stretcher and told Mia to stay back and talk to the police to investigate what happened.

"Mia Adams correct?" The police officer asked, pulling out a notepad as other police officers were investigating the living room as to what happened. Mia nodded her head quickly, she wanted it to be done with so she could be with Mattia and Make sure he was okay, "Any clue as to what happened?" He asked her.

Mia explained everything as the cops wrote it all down. She explained their whole story, as to how they met, and then she told him how Mattia's father is an abusive asshole. The officer told Mia that they'd be in contact if they found Mattia's father. She hoped he'd come back here and get arrested.

But right now, she needed to head to the hospital and make sure Mattia was alive and breathing.

END OF FLASHBACK

"Mia...." Mattia spoke up after Mia had finished telling him the whole story on how she found him, "I-I'm sorry." He managed to croak out. Mia breathed in before breathing out.

"Stop it," She softly told him, caressing his hand with her thumb, "I'm just so glad and relieved your alive." She told him with a soft smile as her eyes were glossy from all the crying.

"W-Wheres my father?" He asked even though his father had caused him to fall into this mess and put him in such a dark place in life, he was still worried about his fathers whereabouts.

"The cops are trying to find him," She replied, "He hadn't come back yet," She paused, what if he knew about the whole situation and ran away to get away with it? Mia hoped he didn't, "Two cops are currently at your house, their waiting for your father." She finished off.

Mattia slowly nodded his head before a smile was across his face, "Don't leave me...please." He gripped Mia tightly. He needed her by his side as much as she needed him.

"I'd never." She softly replied. Mattia scooted over to the side before patting the spot next to him for Mia, she smiled and laid beside him as he wrapped his arms slowly around her waist and pulled her closer to his chest before placing a kiss on her forehead.

The two laid there holding each-other before the both of them drifted off to sleep. Nothing more was perfect than this moment.