Four🥀

Mia had made it in the cafeteria just in time. She had gotten herself a plate of scrambled eggs along with bacon. She didn't want to interrupt Mattia so she decided she'd stay down in the cafeteria and sit in the far end corner of the room.

She wanted to give Mattia some space and think about what he has done. She was also worried that he'd do something stupid but she knows he's currently on Suicide watch. It was crazy how everything was fine when they met in the Alleyway and the next day; things took a turn. It was sad, and devastating.

"You really didn't have to run away like that, y'know." Mia looked up from her food seeing it was the same curly headed guy from earlier. Has he followed her here?

"I uhm-" She stammered out, she didn't know weather he was being serious or not but she hoped he wasn't. The girl was just hungry and needed some food in her system.

"I'm kidding," He chuckled, before sitting down right in front of her, It made Mia quite uncomfortable on how he had found out she was in the cafeteria but then she remembered the embarrassing moment when her stomach growled, "You don't mind if I sit here right?" He carefully asked Mia.

"Uhm no no, of course not." She sent him a soft smile. The curly headed guy smiled back before grabbing a piece of bread from his plate. Mia was using her phone as the awkward silence remained. She glanced up seeing him staring at her. It was not only weird, but creepy.

The guy quickly looked away and down to his tray of food, fiddling with the piece of bread in his hand, "I never got your name?" He spoke up, looking up at again as he tried to break the awkward silence.

"Mia." She replied, her eyes still glued on to her phone. Now she was getting annoyed; she knew he was one of those guys. She wondered what had even brought him to the hospital.

"Mariano." The guy replied. Mia looked up and furrowed her eyebrows; the name wasn't familiar. In fact, it was an unfamiliar name. Never has she met a guy named Mariano, but she lowkey liked it, it suited him, "Everything good?" Mariano then asked, a small smile on his lips as he leaned back in his seat.

"I like your name," She told him, she wondered if he knew the meaning behind his name, "Do you know the meaning behind it?" She curiously asked. Mia is a curious girl, if she wants to know something, she'll know it.

"No idea," Mariano shook his head chuckling, Mia followed after, putting a line of hair behind her hair, "Aren't you going to eat that?" He then nodded his head towards the plate of food that Mia had ordered, a smile playing on his lips.

"I'm not really that hungry anymore." She softly replied. That was obviously a lie. Mia was just nervous to eat around such attractive guy. Mariano's phone buzzed and he pulled it out, a frown was on his face as he quickly typed away to whatever message he has received.

"I-I have to go," he quickly stood up but then paused, looking down at Mia, "But I'd like to see you again," he handed his phone to Mia, "Mind if you give me your number?" Mia slowly nodded her head and typed in her phone number before handing Mariano back his phone, with that he sent one last small smile before leaving the cafeteria in a hurry.

A friend wouldn't hurt, right?