~Prologue~

*16 years ago*
Jason sat beside the hospital bed, his wife clutching tightly onto his hand as painful screams left her mouth. She had tears streaming down her face but soon, soon it would all be worth it.

"Come on, Julie! Just a few more pushes hon." Julie squeezed Jason's hand as she tried to push, her body aching and exhausted. "Almost there hon, he's almost out!" Julie kept pushing, Jason held her hand as he waited.

Just like in movies, the room went silent. After a few seconds, a babies cry cut through the silent room. "He's here." The woman said as she carried the baby over to a table to clean him up.

Jason turned to his wife with the biggest smile, tears falling down his cheeks. "We did it Julie, we have a child now." Julie didn't respond to Jason. His smile faltered a bit as he looked at her again. "Julie?"

Everything became a blur, Julie started to have a fit as the nurses tried to calm her heart rate down. Jason stood back, watching as something was happening to his wife.

Beep, beep, beep.

The noises were ringing through his head. All of it blurred as he felt like he was underwater.

He could hear the baby crying, the monitor beeping, his heart rate pumping.

That changed.

His heart dropped as he heard that one long beep, the signal of a heart not beating. He looked over at his wife, her body laying limp on the bed. "No... Julie, sweetie, wake up." Jason walked over to his wife, picking up her small hand in his and rubbing circles on the back of her hand.

The baby kept crying behind him, calling out to its mother who would not respond. Realisation finally hit Jason, his wife was dead. His wife was dead and that baby was alive... Julie was dead because of that baby.

"I'm so sorry sir..."

~~

*12 years ago*
Liam's pov
I was sitting on the couch, watching my favourite show on tv, blues clues. I heard the front door slam shut, I jumped as I turned around to see dad.

He was falling around and he looked really mad, he was holding a bottle in his hand. "D-daddy?"

"You! It's all your fault! It's your fucking fault she's gone!" He shouted, he pointed his finger at me as he staggered towards me. "I-I'm sorry! I didn't mean it daddy! I didn't mean for mommy to die-" A scream escaped my lips as my head snapped to the side, a stinging pain covering my cheek.

I turned back to dad with tears in my eyes, my lips quivering as I looked at his scowling face. "D-Dad?"

"I am not your father!! Scumbags like you aren't a son to me! You are the reason my wife is dead! It should have been you, Julie should be here now but instead I'm stuck with you!" He growled out at me, I started to sob as I cowered beneath him.

"You are pathetic! You weigh me down and eat through my money! You're just some rat I have to put up with! Now fuck off out of my sight."

"Dad-"

Whack.

I lay on the floor, holding my head as more painful tears fell. "You are no son of mine!!" He shouted, he sat down on the couch, switching onto the sports channel. I still lay on the ground, trying to work out what was happening.

"Didn't I tell you to fuck off?" I looked up at dad, his eyes filled with rage as he glared down at me. I quickly stood up, rushing to my bedroom as fast as I could.

I shut my door quietly, not wanting to annoy dad anymore. I walked over to my bed, curling into a ball as I hid between it and the wall. I held me head in my hands as I began to cry, from pain and from sadness.

Why did dad hate me all of a sudden? I know mom died giving birth to me but he was never mean until now!

Yeah, I knew dad didn't really like me but he never hit me before... he just ignored me. I'd ask to play ball or to go to the park and dad would say he was working.

I got used to that but this? Why did he have to hit me? I never meant for mom to die, I didn't want her to die. But did he really mean what he said?

Was I a scumbag? Did he really want me dead?

I thought he'd be happy that at least one of us survived, I could have died too and then dad would have been left with no one.

But did he really hate me that much that he didn't want me here? Was I really that much of a burden to him?

Why does dad hate me so much?

*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*•.•*

Short, I know but just a little glimpse into Liam's past.

Thoughts on Liam?

Thoughts on Jason?

I honestly do hope this book works out and that you guys enjoy this story. Stay cool dudes!

^Stakki^