~Taking the blame~

So it's been a few weeks since Jenny and Amy have moved in, I've managed to avoid getting beaten which honestly scares me more than being beaten...

Ella did the project by herself, I didn't get a mark which made dad mad. I expected to be hit... yet he didn't. But again, I'm not relieved, I'm scared for my life.

Jenny and I were at home, I was tidying up a mess dad and his friends had left while I made sure Jenny ate. I had bought a shit ton of food that I kept in my bag, and I would let Jenny take what she wanted from it. So here we were, Jenny's eating while she watches me clean everything up.

"Can we go to the park later? I've always wanted to go to the park... maybe we could get ice cream!" Jenny said excitedly, I chuckled as I continued to put things away. I've gotten far more attached to Jenny, as she has grown attached to me. She's very comfortable with talking to me, and when she isn't scared she's an absolute ball of sunshine. "Of course we can sweetheart. I just have to make dinner first, then we can go and get all the ice cream you want." I told her, smiling as she giggled happily.

Those smiles quickly faded when the front door opened and slammed shut. I quickly pulled Jenny off of the bench, knocking a glass down in the process. The glass fell to the floor with a smash, shattering into sharp little bits. "Shit!" I cursed, moving as quickly as I could to clean it up. I was stopped as a foot pressed down on my wrist, forcing my hand onto the glass on the floor.

I held in a groan as I could already feel the blood seeping out of my hand. "Go upstairs Jenny." I told her, she turned around to run upstairs but dad grasped her arm roughly. She let out a small cry as his nails dug into her skin, already beginning to bruise the skin. "Dad stop!" I shouted, causing his grip to loosen slightly as he turned to look at me. "I beg your pardon?!" He seethed out, not happy that I had called him dad. "Sir, don't hurt her, it's not her fault. Just let her go, please. I knocked the glass, I'll take the punishment... just leave her alone." I begged, dad looked at me for a second before shoving Jenny. "Fuck off upstairs."

Jenny scampered out of the room, rushing up the stairs with tears in her eyes. I went to move but dad applied more pressure to my hand, forcing the glass further into my skin.

"Ah ah ah... you said you would take the punishment... you didn't think I'd let you go, did you?" He was mocking me, I could tell. I kept quiet as my gaze stayed glued to the floor, not willing to look up at him.

He lifted his foot off of my hand, allowing me to lift my bleeding hand away from whatever glass remained. "Stand." He growled at me, I complied. I rose to my feet, still not daring to look up as I stood in front of him. "Tell me what you did Liam."

"I broke the glass sir, it's my fault." I said quietly, looking at my bleeding hand. "That's right Liam, and I'm not happy about that."

Dad was just about to do something when Amy walked into the room, her eyes looking between me, dad and the glass on the floor. "Who broke my glass." She asked in a scarily calm way, before I could answer, dad did. "Liam accidentally dropped the glass, and he got glass in his hand! I was just checking that he was okay–"

"I don't give a shit if he is okay that fucking pig broke my favourite glass!!" She screamed, causing me to flinch at her tone as she glared at me. It was silent before dad barked out laughing. "I guess I really did pick my girlfriend right... didn't I? Maybe she could punish you... at least then you'll give her the right respect... won't you Liam?"

"Yes sir." I said shakily, trying to hide my fear. I've lived with dad my whole live, most of it in fear of him. But I don't know Amy... I don't know what she's like... I don't even know how bad she was to Jenny. And I have a feeling I'm about to find out.