~The Truth~

Noah's pov
"Hurry up and kill him!! He's getting away!!" I shouted at Mark who burst out laughing, I threw my controller as it said I failed my mission. "Fuck!!" I screamed, sitting down in a huff as Mark rolled around on my floor, laughing his ass off. "Dude! You could not have failed that even more than you did!!"

"Shut up-" We both turned our heads as we heard a thud, there was Liam, lying on my floor clutching his stomach. "Shit!" I ran over to Liam, helping him onto the couch. "Shit man, what happened?" Liam looked up at me, the sight of him broke me. His eyes were red and puffy, his nose was running, his snot mixing with his tears and blood as he had a split lip. He had bruises all over his face and his hair looked matted.

"I-I need you to give me s-stitches..." My eyes widened as I looked at Liam, he pulled his jumper off as a response. He had a tourniquet wrapped around his waist, blood seeping through it. He slowly pulled it off, his face scrunching up in pain as he did. My mouth hung open at what I saw, blood dripping down his stomach as the word "USELESS" was cut across his torso.

I looked up at Liam, a stray tear rolled down his cheek, his whole face screaming "help me". I motioned for him to lie down on my bed, he complied, lying down as he held back painful cries.

I turned to Mark, completely forgetting he was here. "Mark, I'll explain all of this soon just please, go into the bathroom and grab the big med kit." Mark nodded his head, his eyes not leaving Liam's frail body as he walked out of my room in search of the med kit.

I turned back to Liam, tears were falling down his cheeks as he shook his head. I walked over to him, looking into his eyes as he looked up at me with the look I dreaded to see.

He looked empty.

Liam looked empty, the mischievous sparkle in his eye was gone, replaced with a grey fog that hid his true self behind it. Through his eyes you could see how dead he was, how dead his soul was.

"It's going to be okay Liam, I'll fix you up I promise." Liam didn't respond to me, he was completely silent as though he was thinking. Mark came back in with the med kit, placing it on the bed beside Liam.

"Mark I need you to go get an apple please." I said, Mark scurried our of the room before coming back in with an apple. I grabbed it, handing it to Liam. "You know the drill bud." Liam placed the apple in his mouth, not hyper extending his jaw but enough to cover it all.

I took out the supplies and got ready, I was about to start when I looked up at Liam. "I only need to stitch up the L's and the U okay?"

"Just fucking do it already dammit!" Liam said before placing the apple back in his mouth, I took a deep breath before starting.

~~

Liam spat the apple out, lying back into my bed as he pushed the palm of his hands into his eyes. Mark sat there awkwardly as Liam started to cry, I just sat on the bed, replacing the tourniquet with a clean, fresh one.

I put the med kit off to the side as Liam continued his meltdown, Mark was at a loss. Confused about what had happened to his friend and unsure how to support him.

"W-Why do I b-bother anymore? Why do-do-do I fucking p-put up with this s-s-shit?! T-twelve f-f-fucking years I've d-done this a-and still n-n-no one believes the s-shit that g-g-goes on! The p-police are f-fucking u-u-useless! They believe a-an o-o-old b-bastard but n-not a young b-boy who ha-has proof o-of e-everything!" Liam cried out, hiccuping and sobbing through his sentence. "Because you are a fighter Liam, you've put up with this and it has made you the person you are today-"

"D-don't s-s-start me with th-th-that bullshit N-Noah!! Being b-b-beaten has not made me the p-p-person I am, it's f-f-fucking r-ruined me! I'm broken Noah!! I-I'm Broken a-and n-n-nothing can ch-change the w-way he-he-he treats m-me!!" He shouted, but not as loud as I thought. He sat up slowly, looking out into nothing before turning to me. "I'm sorry Noah... I shouldn't of lashed out, that's my fault. I just- I'm sick of everything, sick of the constant pain y'know? Everything that I hate about myself is because of him... because of what he's done. I just wish I could start over again... I-I wish mom wasn't dead and dad didn't fucking hate me..."