~The brother she always needed~

Jenny and I stayed with mom for hours, I felt myself smiling each time Jenny would tell mom about her little stories about school, or her little adventures with her best friend, Dean.

I loved how easily Jenny was able to talk about her life, even if it was to a headstone in the ground. She seemed so comfortable as though she was just a young girl sitting on her bed, ranting to her mom about how 'boys suck because they have cooties'.

When it finally started to get dark, I decided we had to wrap things up. "I'm sure you're enjoying talking to my mom, but we have to get home now okay?" I told Jenny, she pouted as she stood up. "Goodbye Julie, it was really nice to meet you. I hope I can visit you again soon." Jenny said, patting the headstone slightly.

I smiled as I crouched back down, placing my hand on the dirt above where her heart would be in the coffin. "It was great talking to you again mom, I'll visit you again soon, I'll bring some flowers next time too. I love you mom... I'll see you soon." I said, standing up and taking Jenny's hand as we made our way home.

~~

I arrived at school the next morning, a coffee in one hand while the other sat in my hoodie pocket. My head, hands and knees still ached from yesterday, I've still got the bandages on them but I couldn't really do much about my head.

I went to our table in the cafeteria, seeing Ella, Mia and Noah there, where the fuck is Mark? I shrugged it off as I sat down, Noah glanced at my hand the second I was seated. "What happened?"

"I dropped a glass, cut my hands open." I replied, taking a sip of my coffee. Something about the slight bitter taste was absolutely amazing to me, I'm not sure why... "You okay though?" Mia asked, I nodded my head, ignoring it completely.

"So, for History we have to get in a group of four. I was thinking us four?" Mia suggested, before I could protest, Noah nodded his head. Mia and Ella stood up and left, leaving me and Noah sitting there while I watched them walk away like a gaping fish.

"I'm fucking sorry but since when have you made my choices for me?"

"Ever since I knew you weren't capable to make your own choices." Noah sassed back, looking at me with a specific look, the look he gave me whenever he knew the truth. "Now what really happened?"

"I dropped a glass, I cut my hand okay? That's what happened. Let's just get to class, I want to get today over and done with." I grumbled, standing up and making my way towards my first class.

~~

"He got me this really nice bracelet, it had the letter 'J' on it and it looked really pretty! And after that we had some ice cream at the beach, we found some crabs and one of them pinched me... so Dean threw it back into the ocean!!" Jenny giggled as she told mom one of her stories about her and Dean.

It was so cute seeing her so animated when she talked about Dean... she spoke of him with such passion and happiness, it was the cutest thing I'd ever seen... The way her eyes lit up, how her smile widened... God, it just melted my heart-

"Mr Parker!! If you could please pay attention in class, that would be appreciated." The teacher sneered at me, I jumped slightly, not quite aware of where I was.

I looked around the class, noticing everyone was looking at me. Noah, Ella and Mia looked slightly concerned.

I glared at the teacher, I stayed quiet though, lounging back in my chair as I motioned for him to continue with his lesson.

I ignored what he said as I once again began to zone out. My mind drifted back to Jenny, about how she spoke so happily to mom... I'll be sure to take her there more often.