~Thoughts~

"Alby! Get back here!" I groaned as my muscles ached from lying on the cold hard ground, my clothes sticking to me, adding to the coldness I felt. I could faintly hear something, it sounded like a dog running.

I swiped my hand back and forth as I felt something lick my face, it stopped as I accidentally hit its nose. Instead, it laid down, resting its head on my neck, instantly warming me.

I let out a sigh of content as the dog snuggled closer to me, I could feel his tail whipping against my leg, clearly he was enjoying this.

"Alby! Where are you boy?" I felt the dog lift his head, the warmness of his fur disappearing. I groaned, the cold getting to me once again. I felt warmness again as the dog laid his head down on my neck , a small smile crossed over my lips.

"Alby! There you are! Come on–" The voice went quiet, I slowly opened my eyes to see a girl looking down at me with pity. I hate pity. I sat up, the dog moved off of me, sitting down beside me.

"A-are you okay sir? You were sleeping in the rain... next to a grave..."

"I was just visiting my mom, I must have fallen asleep." I said as I stood up, brushing the dirt off of me. "I'm sorry about Alby, he kind of ran away from me." She said with a light chuckle, I smiled back at her before giving the dog a pat. "Well, little Alby woke me up, it's a good thing too, I have to head home and then go to work. It was nice to meet you..."

"Jenna, it was also nice to meet you..."

"Liam." I said with a smile, I stuck my hand out, she took mine and gave it a light shake. "Well, I should head off. It was nice to meet you Jenna, you too Alby."

"It was nice to meet you too Liam, I hope to see you around." She smiled, I smiled back before walking off. Sadly, home was where I had to go. I walked up to the front door, slightly smiling as I noticed my dad wasn't there. I went inside and straight to my room, I grabbed some clean clothes and went into the bathroom.

I had a quick warm shower before I hopped out, I got changed and grabbed my phone and wallet. I made my way downstairs, I made a meal for dad for when he gets back.

I walked down the street, heading towards the local diner where I worked. I was their main chef, cross that, I am their best chef. A sixteen year old and In the best they've got! Being the best there makes me feel wanted and I like it, they need me and that's how I want to feel.

I walked into the diner, the bell rang above me. The young girl at the counter smiled at me, her name is June and she seems pretty nice, I don't really talk to her unless she's giving me the orders. "Morning Liam." She said as I walked towards my hook, grabbing my uniform. "Morning June, anyone in the kitchen at the moment?"

"Nah, it's all yours!" I walked past her towards the back, I threw on my uniform which was a green shirt and black baseball cap. The diner was called "Pitch a meal"

(As far as I know, there is not a diner called that, I just made it up)

Honestly, I don't know why it's called that but people don't seem to care, what attracts people is my amazing cooking. That and we have a really nice outdoors bit out back, shockingly people like to sit outside! Did you hear the sarcasm? No? Okay.

I put my shirt and hoodie in my locker along with my phone and wallet, I won't be needing those for the next six hours. I walked into the kitchen and started setting everything up, putting ingredients where they needed to go, making sure the power for the grill and fryer were on, and making sure the meat was still good.

I finished setting everything and looked at the time, 10 am. Time for the costumers to start rolling in. About five people were now in here, waiting to order or deciding what to order. I had made three meals so far and was cooking the fourth and fifth. No one else was in the kitchen, today was my day.