~Coffee~

I walked into school, holding my third cup of Coffee. I made my way into the Cafeteria were I found my friends at our table. I sat down next to Noah, my hoodie falling back slightly.

Mark looked at me, cringing as he did. Noah turned to face me, his eyes widening slightly. "You uh... you got a bruise... there." Noah poked my cheek, I groaned as I glared at him, kinda making it seem like I growled. "I'm aware, so don't poke my cheek thank you very much." I said, taking a large sip of my coffee.

"Did you sleep at all?" I shook my head at Noah, a humorous smile on my face. "Can I tell you a secret guys?" Everyone at the table was looking at me, including Ella, Mia and Shaun. "What's the secret?" Ella asked, looking generally intrigued. "This is my third cup of coffee, I haven't slept at all..." I whispered before taking sip of my coffee. I threw my bag over my shoulder as I walked towards class.

Noah followed me, we both had English. "Why didn't you sleep dude? You know you got to. Where'd you even go last night?"

"My sanctuary, and trust me Noah, I tried, I tried to sleep but I couldn't. I never can." I said, walking into the class and straight to the back. I sat in my seat, burying my head in my hands. I'll just shut my eyes for a little...

~~

"Stop! Please dad!! Stop! I didn't mean to burn the food!!" My dad was holding the jug over my head, the boiling water that he threatened to pour over me dropped from the top. I was cowering in the kitchen corner, tears falling down my cheeks as I tried desperately to escape the monster in front of me.

"You fucked up my dinner!! You're fucking useless, I asked for one thing and you couldn't even do that without fucking up!!" He shouted, the jug still above my head.

"I-I'm sorry dad- NO!!" I screamed, more fear rising as he tipped the jug a bit. "It's sir to you!! And you fucked up so now you will be punished!!"

I screamed as he poured the boiling water on my chest, the water seeping through the fabric of my shirt and clinging to my skin, burning every part of me. I let out blood curdling screams as I could feel my skin practically bubbling. Everything was burning, my stomach felt like it was on fire and I wanted to pass out.

My dad started to set up his plan.

He emptied the water into the sink before placing the jug on its side, right above where I was currently crying in agony. He walked away and got his phone, calling the ambulance.

"Hello?! Please, you have to help me! My son spilt boiling water over him!! All over his chest and I don't know what to do!! Oh my goodness! Thank you! Please hurry!!" Dad placed the phone down, his "concerned father" act disappearing in the blink of an eye.

"I hope you learned your lesson Liam, I would rather not have to pay your hospital bills again." He growled harshly before walking to the front door, leaving me in the kitchen as I screamed and cried as my body burned.

~~

I jumped awake as I heard a bang on the desk in front of me. I looked up to see a grumpy Mrs Anderson staring down at me.

"Mr Parker, this is a classroom. A place of learning, not sleeping."

"Sorry Miss, I thought this highly uncomfortable chair was my extremely comfy bed." I snapped back, a smug smirk on my face. She huffed before looking at the class, scowling at those who laughed. "Mr Parker, I don't appreciate you sleeping in my class, please stay awake and pay attention. Oh, you will also have detention after school."

I groaned as Miss walked back up to the front of the class, a small smirk crossed over my face. I picked up my phone and wallet before standing up, gaining everyone's attention.