chapter five: "not a date."

"nope. absolutely not. i am NOT explaining that."

luke's eyes were wide with surprise, shocked at what the child had asked.

i was mortified. genuinely, 100% mortified. my face was flushed crimson, and i refused to make eye contact with anyone.

louis pouted. "why not, daddy? is mommy a milf?"

"i- i don't... know? not... really?" luke appeared to be panicking. he stuttered over his words, desperately trying to find a way out of the situation.

he failed, however, as his son was still very much insistent on getting an answer to his question.

"mommy, can you tell me what it means? if you don't i'll just ask my teachers at school tomorrow."

jesus christ, are all kids this difficult?

"um... i guess a milf is a very pretty woman, who also has a child." i explained whilst trying to keep it as pg as possible.

"see, daddy, it wasn't that difficult." louis grinned triumphantly.

his father rolled his eyes in response, still slightly embarrassed at his question. "whatever."

we soon fell into an uncomfortable silence. well, me and luke did, louis was very happy humming to himself.

luke's eyes drifted out the window, observing the street outside.

i took the opportunity to fully take in his features. i probably looked like a creep, but this man's beauty was unrivalled by anyone i'd ever met before, even calum from the music store.

everything about him was just... ethereal.

any stranger lucky enough to look directly into his eyes could be lost there for hours. they were a stunning blue, almost as bright as sapphires. his face was perfectly sculpted, and when he smiled, he radiated happiness and confidence. but there was something else, something i hadn't quite grasped from our two meetings.

it could almost be described as... sadness.

his smile never really reached his eyes, unless he was looking at louis. he spoke in a reserved manor, like he wasn't sharing his full opinion. he was constantly holding back, and i wanted to know why.

"mommy, staring is rude." louis chastised me.

i snapped my eyes to the table, a blush threatening to rise in my cheeks. that child was too goddamn observant for his own good.

luke turns to me, and raises an eyebrow mockingly. "yeah, cam. staring is rude." he keeps his eyes on me, but directs his question to louis, "and what was she staring at, lou?"

oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit.

louis giggled, "you daddy. mommy was staring at you because she loooves you!"

i'm fucked.

"oh? you know, sugar, you could've just asked for a picture if you wanted one. i've heard they last longer."

-  time skip, sponsored by Instagram being a dick and suspending our account. i'm not salty at all.  -

[messages via groupchat]

sweet dreams

nova

cam went on a date.