chapter seven: "something else."

[luke hemmings]

"damn... she's hot, man." michael states, whilst calum lets out a low whistle.

"i gave her a few guitar lessons last year... she's changed a hell of a lot since then. i mean, sure, she was cute before... but now she's hot."

i shrug. "i guess she's cute..."

she's more than cute, even i can see that. i just don't want to admit that to them, otherwise they'll think it's something it isn't. they might even try and set us up...

it wouldn't be the first time.

"don't you think we're being a bit creepy? you know, stalking someone's facebook page is usually seen as weird." cal asks absentmindedly, whilst scrolling through her page anyway. he's such a hypocrite.

i see his point... there's no way she can find out, right?

michael was the one that found the account, through a friend of a friend, so i could just blame him if it ever came to it.

i can see why louis likes her. she seems like a great person... but then again, so did mia. people tend to reveal their true colors when they're in high pressure situations, but there's no way i'm getting carmen pregnant just so i can see whether she's secretly a bitch or not.

"it's just a background check," michael insists, "we can't have her around louis if she does drugs in her spare time. you don't want him to end up like calum..."

cal scoffs, "so you show up at your friends house drunk one t-"

"you were high, as well. drunk and high." michael cuts in.

he shoots a glare back, annoyed at the interruption. "fine. you show up at your friends house drunk, and high, one time, and suddenly you're a druggie?"

"four times," i add, "you've done it at least four times, cal."

michael nodded solemly. "maybe we should get him some help..."

calum rolled his eyes, muttering something about 'needing new friends' under his breath.

these guys have been with me through everything. they were always there for me when i needed to vent during mia's pregnancy, and they always help me with louis when i need them. we've been friends for so long, i don't know what i'd do without them.

me and calum used to stay over at michael's house so much that we started to keep some of our clothes in his mom's guest closet. now, we all live together, with louis. he loves them almost as much as i do.

michael shoots up in his seat, making both me and calum jump.

"i want candy." he declares.

"i thought louis was supposed to be the child in this house?" cal teases.

"shut up, kiwi." michael snaps in response, "just because i'm an adult, doesn't mean i can't have candy."

i roll my eyes at their antics. they never stop. to anyone else, it'd look like they hated each other's guts. but it's just normal for us.

"i'm sorry to disappoint you, but we don't have any candy in right now, mikey." i join their conversation.

"then we can pick some up after we've picked louis up from school."

calum groans in dread. "please don't make me go back into that old woman's tuck store..."

"we can go to that 'sweet dreams' place instead. it looks pretty cute..." michael suggests.