ten

The next few days were a blur. Niall fell into a routine he hoped would stay the same for the rest of his days: greeting Harry and Louis in the mornings, fixing the four of them breakfast, cuddling with Louis for a morning nap. occasionally, Liam would had Niall his debt card and Harry would do the same to Louis and the subs would go shopping. Niall tried to push away his thoughts of not being good enough for Liam's money.

The routine was one of a sugar baby, Niall figured. He tried his best to push the thought from his mind.

"I need to go grocery shopping," Niall sighed dramatically. He looked back at Louis, who was swivling around on a bar stool and sipping hot coffee. "Will you drive me?"

"Mate, I thought you passed your test?" Louis groaned. He placed his empty cup down on the counter. "Besides, Haz took the keys with him, I think. doesn't Liam have, like, four cars? Why don't we take one of those?"

"Lou, Liam already spends too much money on me. I don't want him to think he needs to get me a card too. I'm not worth the money he spends on me." Niall pulled himself up onto the counter beside Louis and put his head in his hands.

"Don't put yourself down like that, Niall. You're wonderful, I assure you," Louis attempted to encourage. It didn't exactly help.

''I just don't feel worth it." Niall was nearly crying now. Why had it just all the sudden poured out? "Maybe Mum was right. Maybe something fucked up in the exams."

Louis watched as Niall laid his face down on the counter and wept. Before he moved to comfort Niall, he pulled out his phone to text Harry. please tell liam to come home. niall's having a bit of a breakdown, and i think the two of them need to talk this out.

"Oh, Niall," Louis cooed as he slid his phone back into his pocket. "You are worth it, love. I promise. Harry says Liam is very good at judging character. If he thought you weren't worth it, he couldn't spend so much money on you now."

"I just don't know, Lou," Niall cried. The counter was cold on his cheek, and Niall was sure that he was probably leaving little pools of tears on the granite.

we'll be back in five, Harry responded.

"Niall," Louis said quietly. Niall looked up at him; his face was wet. "Harry and Liam will be back in about five minutes. You two are going to talk about this. I feel like he's better to calm you down than I am."

"No!" Niall cried, clutching onto Louis' shirt. "Please, don't make me talk to Liam! He'll think I'm stupid and overreacting and he'll request a new sub!"

"I've already told Harry that you were having a bit of meltdown," Louis said apologetically. "I'm sorry."

"He's going to leave me," Niall cried. He pressed his face back down onto the cold counter. "He's going to leave me."

-

"Hurry!" Liam protested, slamming his hand down on the console of his car.

"Jesus, you're going to make me wreck!" Harry yelled right back. "We'll get there when we get there, Liam. Louis isn't going to ket anything bad happen to him, I assure you."

"I know," Liam said much more quietly. "I know. Just please get me back to my boy."

"I'm working on it, Liam," Harry huffed.

-

Niall was still crying on the counter when Liam ran into the door. He actually ran into the door, not paying any mind that it was closed. Harry bit back a laugh and watched as Liam pushed the door open with a blush on his face.

"Baby." Liam's voice broke as he looked at Niall, who was still hunched over the counter. "Oh, baby."

Louis moved from his side so Liam could take a place beside Niall. "Please don't leave me," Niall cried. His voice was barely audible, even in the quiet room.

"I won't," Liam promised. "Tell me what's up?"

The soft sound of the door shutting told the pair that Louis and Harry had left.

"I don't really want to talk about it," Niall sniffed. He wiped tears from his eyes and stared at the oven.

"Please tell me, baby. We'll never get anything resolved. This looks like it's eating you up."

"Please don't make me talk about it," Niall whispered. Liam took the boy's chin in his hand.

"You have to, love. I'm sorry," he whispered back. Niall sighed.

"It's just-" Niall sighed again. "I don't feel like I'm worth your money." His voice came out as no more than a whisper.

"Princess," Liam whispered back, "You are worth my money. You're worth more than I will ever be able to give you. You're worth the sun and all the stars."

Niall snorted. "I wish I were worth more than a half eaten sandwich."

"The sun, the moon, and all the stars could never shine as bright as you. Please believe me, Niall," Liam breathed. His voice was nearly detached sounding.

"I'll take your word for it," Niall said softly. He didn't want to start another argument or simply make this one bigger than it already was.

"Please do," Liam smiled and gave Niall a kiss on the forehead. "All better now?"

"Much." Niall gave him a small smile. "I'm sorry for dragging you home from work, though."

"It's alright," Liam promised. "It was about time Harry and I come back anyway. Nothing interesting was going on."

Liam's phone digged, notifing him of an email. "You sure about that?" Niall laughed a bit. He drew up one of his eyebrows and looked at Liam.

"Okay, we were a bit busy. But you're my first priority, so I had to come check on you. As long as nothing has crashed and no one is dead, it can wait till tomorrow." Liam wrapped his arm around Niall and nustled into his cheek.

"Are you sure? You can go back in, if you need to," Niall said hesitantly.

"Positive, my love. I'm staying right here with you."

•-•

woah

this story is cute

my nails are sharp and i am sad

no one wants to talk to me yeaaaaaaahhhhh

just leave lots of comments

i'll stop whining now

baiiii

1066 words

26.11.14