fourteen

Niall was sad when Liam left, but he was consoled by the fact that Liam would be back around two to go shopping. Liam went off to work by himself, so Louis wasn't coming over today. For some odd reason, Niall was happy about that.

He was able to puke by himself and cry alone. How was he supposed to tell Liam, again? Wait until Liam took him out on some romantic date and ruin the moment by slipping him an ultrasound? That would end horribly.

Niall threw up once more and flushed the toilet. He laid his head on the cold tile floor. "Why me?" He cried a bit. He knew that once he got past the morning sickness, Niall would be much happier about the baby itself.

At eight weeks he would be able to hear the baby's heart beat. At eight weeks, he would have more of a picture to show Liam. At eight weeks, Niall would tell Liam.

-

Lunch was boring without anyone there. Niall ate some of Louis' leftover soup and managed to keep it down. He put away the recipe and went to get dressed for Liam.

He wanted to wear leggings, but Niall knew that Liam wouldn't allow it. Instead, Niall slipped on some ripped skinny jeans and one of Liam's sweat shirts. His hair laid flat on his head, and Niall wanted badly to put on a pair of glasses. He didn't.

Niall giggled as he pulled his arms inside the sweat shirt and through the sleeves around. Niall giggled a lot. He wanted to just continue doing that for the afternoon, but it was nearly time for Liam to be back. Niall wondered if Liam would let him get the things to bake cookies while they were out.

He was watching some sort of christmas movie while he waited for Liam. Niall also nearly fell asleep while waiting for Liam. (He threw up once more, too.)

"Hey, princess," Liam greeted as he walked into the house. "Are you awake?"

"I'm awake," Niall tried to say. It came out mumbled. "How was your day?"

"A bit busy," Liam answered. He sat down next to Niall. "Harry's going to have to say other hour today, but it's fine. He brought Lou with him. Are you ready to go?"

"About," Niall smiled at him. "Are you not going to change?"

"I think I will. Something a bit more casual," Liam answered. He pecked Niall on the check and stood from the couch. "I'll be right back. Get your shoes and wait on me by the door. You look really good in my clothes, by the way."

"Thank you, Daddy," Niall giggled. "Go change so we can go, please. I'm excited."

Liam laughed and jogged upstairs.

-

"Scarf?" Niall giggled as he threw the scarf around his neck. "It's kinda scratchy."

"It looks good, love," Liam muttered absentmindedly. He had been on his phone, taking calls and answering emails, since they began shopping. Niall was ready to put all of his things up and send Liam back to work so he could go home and cry.

Niall and Liam had visited several shops, and Niall carried three bags. At this point, he was ready to return it all. Niall just wanted to go home.

"Alright, I'm done," Niall said. He tried to sound like he was tired. It was difficult to choke back the tears.

"Are you sure?" Liam finally looked up. "You haven't got much."

"I just want to go home, Liam," Niall mumbled. "I just want to go home and lay down."

Liam looked concerned. "Do you feel alright?"

"I'm fine. Can we just go?" Niall whispered again.

"If you want," Liam shrugged. "I might head back to work, though. Things have been insane these past two hours."

Had it really only been two hours? It felt like five. It felt like hundreds. How could it have only been two?

"Okay," Niall answered hesitantly. He didn't want Liam to leave, but then again, he kind of did. Niall left his things where they were and walked out of the changing room.

-

Niall was curled in his and Liam's bed. Liam had left him again what seemed Liam hours ago. Maybe it had only been minutes, or maybe it had been hours.

He was crying. The pillows were wet. the sheets were wet. It probably had been hours since Liam left, because there was no way he had produced that many tears in mere minutes.

It was dark outside. Niall hadn't had dinner yet. He wasn't exactly hungry, though. He just wanted to continue crying.

Why had Liam just left him? Could he not tell how much Niall needed him? Niall wanted Liam to hold him. He wanted Liam to reassure Niall that he was still loved. Was he even worth it?

Niall wrapped his arms around himself and pretended it was Liam. He didn't fall asleep easily.

-

Liam didn't come back that night. Why was a mystery to Niall. Were things really that busy, or did he just want to get away from Niall? He hoped it wasn't the second one.

In the morning, Niall got up slowly and fixed himself breakfast, despite the fact that he didn't want to eat. Liam would have wanted him to eat, so he did.

It was hard to struggle down the food. It seemed much heavier than it actually was. About halfway through, Niall had to get up and run to the sink to throw up. That was the end of breakfast.

Niall curled himself up on the couch with a bucket by his side. He tried to watch another christmas movie and entertain himself. Niall found that he missed Liam's arms even more than before on the lonely couch.

He briefly considered calling Liam, just to see if he was okay. If he hadn't come home yet, Niall figured he wouldn't answer his phone. But still, he tried.

Liam didn't answer.

•-•

my butt hurts

leave comments

oki

baiiii

1010 words

2.12.14