twelve

like a month later, okay?

"I don't feel very good, Lou," Niall moaned. He held a hand to his stomach. The two had yet to even eat breakfast yet; it was Louis' morning to make food, and he hadn't even finished scrambling the eggs yet.

"What hurts?" Louis asked immediately, looking away from the eggs.

"Stomach," he whimpered. "Can you stop with the eggs? It might make me feel better." Niall's stomach was churning. "I'm gonna puke," he muttered. Niall raced off of the bar stool he was sitting on (he nearly tripped) and sprinted toward the bathroom. Niall barely made it to the toilet before everything he had eaten the night before came up.

Louis turned the stove off quickly and ran right after Niall. "Oh, babe," he mumbled as he brushed Niall's hair from his face. Niall finished throwing up and leaned to press his head against Louis' lap.

"I hate throwing up," Niall cried a bit. he tried to ignore the tears leaking from his eyes. "You should go. I don't want you to get sick."

Louis pet Niall's hair. "I'm not leaving. you need someone to take care of you. I don't care if I get sick."

"Thanks, mate," Niall mumbled. "Gotta throw up again." He leaned over and threw up once more then flushed the toilet. "Can you help me down to the couch? Don't wanna be in bed. Might get LiLi sick."

"Of course," Louis responded. He helped Niall from the floor and let the door lean on him to walk downstairs. "Let me go find you a bucket or something," he said once he had placed Niall down on the couch. "Do you think you need to go to the doctor or something?"

"I dunno, Lou," Niall answered as Louis walked off to find a bucket. "I don't feel so bad now. Maybe it's just a twenty-four hour thing?"

"Even if it is, I still think you should go." Louis came back with a small pink bucket. "It's the best I could find. Even if it's just food poisioning, I think you should go make sure."

"Would you drive me, then?" Niall said quietly.

"Sure. Let's get some lunch first, okay? Let me make you some soup and then we'll go." Louis headed off to the kitchen without another word.

For the next hour or so, Niall sat and flipped through the channels on the television while he wanted for Louis to finish the soup. "Chicken noddle soup at its finest!" Louis shouted through the room. He carried two bowls and two spoons. "I decided to eat some myself, too."

"Thanks, Lou," Niall said sincerely. He ate slowly, not wanting to hurt his stomach or make it more hyper than it already was. "This is really good."

"Mum's recipe," Louis said through a mouthful of noodles. "I can leave you it, if you want."

"Please do." Niall put his bowl down and steadily rose from the couch. "I'm ready to go when you are."

"Give me another moment." Louis was still slurping broth from his soup. "Ready!"

-

"Okay, I've changed my mind," Niall whimpered as the nurse called his name. "I no longer want to be here. Take me home."

"Not happening, babe," Louis smiled at him.

"Can he come too?" Niall asked the nurse. She smiled brightly.

"Your dom?"

"My best friend." Niall looked slightly offended.

"Of course, then." The nurse's smile wavered, but she still allowed Louis to come back. She led them into a room. "The doctor will see you shortly." She shut the door.

"Well, she was a bitch!" Louis exclaimed as he sat down. Niall barked out a loud laugh and sat down on the bed.

"I hate doctors. Why did you let me do this?" Niall whimpered.

"It's for the best," Louis said just as the doctor walked into the room.

"I'm Doctor Bowen," she smiled brightly. "And you are mister horan, I presume? Sub?" Dr Bowen looked at Niall.

"That's me," he said weakly.

"And what has got you down today?"

"He got sick this morning," Louis butted in. Niall gave him a thankful look. "Twice, actually. He was extremely nauseous."

"And you are?" Doctor Bowen looked over at him.

"Louis Tomlinson, sub." Louis gave her a small smile. Doctor Bowen looked back at Niall.

"Can I take some blood? Do you need your dom's permission for that? I know I've had some subs that do," Doctor Bowen asked. "It seems a bit absurd to me, but they can do as they wish."

"I'll be alright," Niall said quietly. "So long as you find out what's wrong with me."

"We'll do just that, Niall," Doctor Bowen assured him.

-

"I have your results!" It had been nearly a half hour since Dr Bowen had taken Niall's blood, and the minute before she walked in, Niall was ready to bite his nails (a habit he had so difficultly given up).

"And?" Louis was the first to speak.

"Niall, I believe you're pregnant. Four weeks, actually. Do you remember the time?"

Four weeks. The first time Liam had done anything without a condom. "But it was only the first time..." Niall whispered

"The tests showed that you're a nine on the fertility scale. Even only one time is enough. Would you like to do an ultrasound? I'm afraid it won't show much at this point, but it'll be enough to show your dom."

"Please," Niall whispered again. He was in shock. How could he be pregnant?

The doctor's visit was over. In his hand, Niall clutched the ultrasound picture in his right hand, his shirt in the other. "This is wonderful, Niall," Louis said softly. "When do you think you'll tell Liam?"

"Not now," Niall muttered. "Not now."

"Just don't wait too long," Louis warned. "Find out how Liam thinks about kids, then tell him. Not too long."

"I will, Lou," Niall said softly. The news was catching up to him. He clutched his stomach softly. There was a baby in him.

"I'm having a baby," he whispered.

•-•

isn't that lovely

i already have a gender and everything

brownie points + dedication if you can guess both gender and name correctly

yeah

imma go eat chocolate and cry now

comment!

baiii

1047 words

28.11.14