eighteen

When Niall was five months pregnant, he finally noticed that Liam had grown much more possessive than normal. He hardly let anyone even touch Niall when he was around, fearing that it might hurt the baby. Of course everyone knew that assuming every time someone touched Niall it hurt the baby was a load of shit, but they let Liam carry out his duties as a dom and as a father.

Niall thought it was cute how Liam had already gone into protective daddy mode. They were out shopping for a crib and things for the baby, and Liam held a protective arm around Niall's waist.

"People are staring at you," Liam growled a bit in Niall's ear. "I don't like it."

Niall could very well see that Liam didn't like it just from his stance. He stood protectively in front of Niall and everyone had to walk ten feet of the couple to avoid Liam's glares. That was when Niall realized that maybe Liam was being a bit too protective.

"Li, you don't have to glare down everyone. So long as I don't get shoved over, I'm fine. Don't be so protective." Niall didn't look at Liam as he spoke. He was admiring all the wooden cribs in front of him.

"Sorry, princess," Liam apologized immediately. Niall looked at him and gave Liam a wide smile.

"It's okay. Just ease up, okay?" That was the end of Liam's over protectiveness. He still held onto Niall tightly whenever they were in public, though.

-

They had decided not to find out the gender. Louis had pouted when Niall told him this, but the blue eyed boy either got over it quickly or decided it was best not to say anything about it.

"What about Tyler? For a boy, obviously," Niall asked. Liam looked at him.

"Tyler Payne... I like it. It sounds fitting. We need a girl's name too, though."

"Sophie?"

"Two perfect names." The boys left their note pads in the kitchen and walked out to the living room. "Are you cold, love?" Liam asked. Niall shook his head and burrowed into Liam's side a bit more.

"You're warm," he whispered. Liam smiled down at him and kissed his forehead softly.

"I love you," Liam admitted.

"Love you too, Daddy." Niall grinned.

-

It was a dreary april morning when Niall went into labor. Louis knew the drill. It was one of the rare days that both Liam and Harry had gone to work. As Niall sat gasping on the couch, Louis phoned the hospital and told them of what was happening. Then he called Harry and Liam and told the men to meet Niall and him at the hospital.

Ushering Niall into the car was a bit of a challenge. Louis knew he was in pain, but there was no way he could be in so much so quickly. With Niall's overnight bag in his hand, Louis practically dragged Niall out to the car and strapped the boy in.

"I'll get you there quickly, Niall," Louis promised. "They'll be all ready for you and your c-section when we get there. I've already phoned them."

"You're a good mate, Lou," Niall wheezed. He sounded horrible.

"Yeah, don't talk," Louis told him. He then focused on getting the blonde to the hosptial as fast as possible.

Liam was waiting by the door in scrubs and holding a wheelchair. "Hey, princess," Liam greeted Niall with a kiss on the cheek. "How are you holding up?"

"Just fine," Niall spat. "Fucking peachy."

"That's lovely," Liam hummed. he didn't seem bother by Niall's hatefulness. Liam knew it was only because of the pain. "We'll be having a baby soon, babe."

"I realized."

"Let's see," Liam glanced at the pad in the elevator. "What floor again, Harry?"

"Five, you moron," Harry said blankly. Liam seemed immune to any insults at that moment, because all he did was smile at Harry.

"Here we go, babe," Liam whispered in Niall's ear. Niall smiled a bit.

-

Four hours later, Niall was awake and holding a small baby boy in his arms. Liam was gone out for food. It was only him in the room.

"Hi, baby," Niall whispered. "Little Tyler. You're so cute." The baby blinked his brown eyes at Niall.

Baby Tyler was an odd mixture for sure. He had Liam's brown eyes and the makings of his tan skin. (He was still a lobster pink at the moment.) All he had that vaguely resembled Niall was blonde hair, which was odd considering niall didn't even have blonde hair himself. Niall hoped it would change and the baby would end up a miniture Liam.

"You're both awake," Liam said softly as he walked into the room. "It took a moment to sneak takeout by the nurses. Sorry, love. Is Chinese okay?"

"Chinese is perfect. God, I'm so hungry. Can you take tyler and put him in the bed over there?" The nurse had brought in a small little baby bed for Tyler if Niall and Liam ever got tired of holding him (which they both doubted would ever happen). It proved to be useful, though.

Liam gave Niall his food and watched the boy as he ate. Niall was so beautiful, even with the giant bags under his eyes from the lack of sleep.

"Please stop staring,'' Niall giggled. "Eat your food and stop making me uncomfortable."

Liam complied and pulled out his food. "I never want to stop staring at you. You're beautiful."

"You're beautiful."

"Not as beautiful as you, princess." Liam gave Niall a grin that was so full of love, Niall couldn't bring himself to argue anymore. The room was quiet as they ate. Tyler was sleeping.

"You need some sleep," Liam whispered once they had finished.

"Wanna talk to you," Niall tried to protest. He yawned.

"About what?"

"Anything."

"I love you and this perfect little family you've given me," Liam whispered as he kissed Niall's cheek. "You need to get your sleep, baby. I'll be here when you wake."

Niall fell asleep with a smile on his face.

•-•

liam is a smooth fucker

this book is now over

read my other stuff?

i hope you enjoyed it

byeeee

1043 words

11.12.14