Joyous laughter

A/n: short chapter

You felt a bit...warm.

You woke up with a pair of strong arms wrapped around your waist. Vasilios's bare chest was pressed against your bareback.

Both of you did the 'deed' again, it lasted for three hours this time. You enjoyed every single second of it. Surprisingly, the male did not leave any new bite marks, only hickeys.

"Finally awake?" He whispered into your ear before nibbling on it. You shivered at his suggestive 'kiss' which made him chuckle.

He nuzzled into the crook of your neck, planting butterfly kisses in the process. You grimace because you weren't used to cuddling or kissing after sex. "Eugh, that's... weird." But for the sake of him not bawling his eyes out, you decided to endure it.

A while later, he hesitantly pushed himself away from you. You silently sighed in relief when it happened.

The male decides to watch you for a bit, observing your next step. He squinted at you when the first thing you did was reaching out for the water dispenser.

"How predictable— (y/n)!" He exclaimed once he sees you drinking directly from the faucet. Vasilios turned it off and pulled you away from it.

"I prepared mugs for a reason." He hissed as he wiped the faucet with a fresh piece of facial tissue.
You raised an eyebrow, why does he need to clean it? He doesn't seem to mind french kissing you every now and then.

"Guess I can never understand his world."

He picked the bathrobe off from the ground and wore it. Vasilios handed you his oversized shirt, you accepted it while pursing your lips.

"Come with me." He stroked the area under your chin. You shuddered at his intimate touch as you follow him downstairs.

"Mornin', Hermes." You greeted the bird and gave a small salute. It whistled happily. The male watched the exchange in the corner of his eyes, it's sweet to see you getting along with his pet.

His previous, unsatisfactory partners never even bothered to acknowledge that he has a pet cockatiel. They never cared about him as a person, they just wanted his body and money.

Exactly like how Harlowe described. He sighed...

...then smiled gleefully.

She's wrong this time, he believes that you love him and everything he loves. Look at you, bonding with Hermes. Bonding with a part of him.

"Ow! Damn it, Hermes!" He giggled quietly as he watches Hermes land on your head. You weren't hostile towards it, you weren't afraid of it too. Hermes grew fond of you too.

"Not my head, on my shoulder!" You pointed at the body part. Hermes squawk madly as if it was laughing at you. It didn't move. You tried to gently grab it by the body with two hands, it nuzzled its soft head onto them instead.

What a heartwarming scene to watch.

A peal of jolly laughter erupted from his chest, you and Hermes paused to check up on him. Vasilios clutched his abdomen as he wipes away tears of joy.

You felt the bird on top of you trembling.

His chortle soon died down enough to place a kiss on your cheek and stroke Hermes along its form. "Oh, how adorable. Stay here, I'll prepare breakfast for both of you."

You and the bird watch his figure disappear into the kitchen.

"Your master is a nutcase!" You half-whispered to the bird. It only squeaked in response.

"(Y/n), darling?" He called out from the kitchen. Your heart sank to your stomach, thinking that he heard you talking trash about him.

"Y-yeah?" You stammered.

"There's a pitcher on the coffee table, filled with the same isotonic beverage I gave you yesterday. Please, drink as much as you like."

The relief you felt was indescribable.

You chugged down another glass of the isotonic drink as Vasilios prepares breakfast.

Well, actually... brunch. Both of you woke up at eleven-forty in the morning.

You grumbled as you take a look at your dead phone, "No charger and my damn home is unlocked. I don't wanna ask him bout' that anymore, don't wanna get another jumpscare..." you scratched the back of your neck.

"(Y/n)—" Vasilios noticed that you have been staring at it for quite a while, grumbling incoherently. You must be bored out of your mind.

He didn't worry too much about burglars entering your unlocked apartment room. There wasn't anything that he couldn't replace.

Vasilios cleared his throat. It caught your attention. You turned around and scurried to the dining table as soon as he sets the plates down. The male then went on to feed Hermes with a fixed amount of bird seeds.

"Damn, pizza for breakfast!" Your eyes widened in surprise. Vasilios sat down on the chair opposite of you and prepared a bowl of bland, wholegrain cereal for himself. You wonder why is he eating something plain in comparison to your food for breakfast.

He must have noticed your staring, he smirked and chuckled. "You wouldn't like this. You have immature tastebuds, my darling." Your knees jerked up when his feet sensually caress your legs under the table.

You shot him a wry smile as you picked up the fork and the knife. He pours some almond milk into his bowl and started eating. "Damn, no sugar? That's gotta be pretty tasteless. Why almond milk?"

"You can't handle dairy?" You asked, regretting after its too late to take it back. He did not look up from his bowl but he nodded.

You decided to leave it at that.