Ambush

Vasilios placed Hermes's food bowl in its cage. The bird squeaked in displeasure at the measly amount of bird seeds in it.

"Pas plus, gros oiseau." Vasilios glared at it. It lowered its head and starts to eat.

He smiled in satisfaction before stroking its head.

Vasilios is happy, he feels so lucky to have such a 'caring' and 'kind' partner like you. Unlike his previous lovers, you ask him how his day was. That was the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for him.

He picked up his cup of hot chocolate. Of course, instead of using cow milk, he uses soy milk.

Vasilios inhaled its aroma and sighed dreamily. His life is now complete and perfect. He has someone to care for and look after, he has a beloved pet that plays the role of the child, he lives in a comfortable suburban setting, he's financially stable by pursuing his passion: writing.

Though, he frowned bitterly at the $100,000 he spent on (f/n)'s services and another extra $200,000 as Lizard's 'counselling fee'. Plus an extra $200 to replace the wall-mounted phone and around $23,000 worth of damages made by Lizard. Oh well, he admits, he had too many vases anyways.

Also, it may be related or unrelated, he found a dent on his car, hence another $150 was lost.

Ah! And how could he forget, the music box. The very first gift he received from you. It was thoughtful and sweet of you to go out of your way to get something for him.

He giggled at the thought of you exchanging $20 worth of cannabis plus another $20 to wrap it up. Moreover, you were rushing from place to place.

Remembering that he found you wheezing and gasping for air, holding up the present to him with two hands made him ticklish with delight.

"Aww, you're a treasure, (y/n)." He mumbled to himself as a grin made its way up to his face.

Although you don't flirt, you don't touch him suggestively, you don't try to 'seduce' him but... you made him feel so special and extremely flattered. In fact, he has never experienced this much flattery in his life before.

Your personality suits him and his 'suits' you. You're like the bland, tasteless, textureless oatmeal to his flavourful, tasty, interesting fruits and honey. You compliment him and he compliments you!

Vasilios burst out laughing, that's a bit too harsh. You aren't boring, you're far from that. You're just... unadventurous and 'cowardly' when it comes to romance.

Though, he wishes that you would be more 'unadventurous' towards your life choices.

He felt like the luckiest man alive to be with you.

Can't say the same for you.

"What have I told you, (y/n)? Opposites do attract." He chuckled as he picks his pen up. Vasilios paused when he saw the bandages on his hand.

Vasilios shivered at the memory of Lizard's bullet penetrating his phone that was still in his hand. He couldn't bear to imagine how you feel being shot at the lower torso. He also winced at the image of Hermes in tremendous pain.

"What a stupid man..." he gritted his teeth at the thought of his 'relationship counsellor' who wields two guns.

Vasilios rested his cheek against his fist, he wishes you were here right, snuggling in his arms. He tried to make you quit working for Boss and Brandy. However, you managed to convince him to let you work!