Needle

"—They ran out of almond milk, I couldn't believe it. So I had to settle for soy, what a tragedy, they also didn't have the brand that I wanted. Ugh, its taste can never rival almond milk, it's too bland for me."

Maybe you shouldn't have asked about his day. He rambled on and on about his trip to the supermarket, you never knew that there was so much going on in his head during a simple walk to the beverage aisle.

"—What a coincidence, I came across a recipe for soy milk sponge cake. It was written by famous celebrity baker, Haul Bollywood!"

You nodded as you place a scoop of his homemade 'soy milk sponge cake' into your mouth. It was fluffy, soft and not too sweet,
Vasilios is a great baker.

"It's pretty good." Vasilios chuckled and caressed your cheek.

"Of course, I modified the recipe a bit to fit my fiancée's childish tastebuds." He playfully tapped your nose.

"What else did you add in it?"

"Another cup of white sugar— did you know, if you wanted to bake something soft, you need to use white sugar? Whereas if you wanted to bake something crunchy, you need the brown variant." Vasilios performed a plethora of hand gestures to express himself, this is something that you have never seen before.

"He... looks so happy and hyper. I don't have the heart to tell him to shut up..." you nodded in response.

While he's blabbering about his day, you stared at your nails.

"After all the shit I went through, my (f/c) (preference of design) nail art didn't chip yet... I guess the more you pay the better shit you get. Though, I guess it was nice of him to bring me for a pampering session."

"—I have to say, the quality of fresh produce from Brandy's Farm is better than those from regular grocers. It's bizarre to think that he is also growing another type of... greenery." You snorted.

"Yeah, he takes pride in his plants. Wait, you went there?" You looked at Vasilios.

"Yes, and I did not regret doing so. Do you even have the slightest idea about the number of quality avocadoes I could buy under five dollars? With those deals, the two-hour drive is definitely worth it." A proud grin was plastered on his face. You gave him a thumbs up and nodded.

You liked this version of him better, he talks instead of harassing you. You wished that he's a bit quieter, though.

Likewise for him, he loves his new relationship with you. Vasilios always dreamt of having someone to talk to like this, someone to hear him talk about his mundane life, someone to listen to him instead of only touching him.

Finally, you came along and fulfiled his lifelong dream.

You made him feel special and loved while he made you feel like you want to jump off a cliff and die.

"There's this... barbeque, uhh, potluck thing going on tonight, right?" You asked. His face lit up and he snapped his fingers.

"Ah! I was about to talk about it, thank you for reminding me, darling. I went to the butcher to gather the necessary meats for tonight's occasion, I couldn't believe that they're all sold out of (favourite type of meat)! I hope that someone else in the neighbourhood is bringing some tonight, I know that your favourite. So I asked the butcher..."

"Oh my god, I wish he has a mute button I can press." You smiled nervously as you pretended to listen to his yakking.

"—oh! I could not believe my ears when they played 'Tryna-be' by Spicy Ladies in FloorMart, I couldn't help myself, I just had to lipsync to it. It's a classic!" You raised both eyebrows in surprise.