Postpone it

You heard two pairs of rapid footsteps heading towards you.

"Huh? Is someone runnin—" turning around completely was a mistake.

"Argh!" Tam and Thomas ran up to you and crashed their heads onto your stomach. "Goddamn, you pieces of shit!" You hissed at them.

The twins giggled at your reaction.

Vasilios widened his eyes. "(Y/n), you shouldn't speak such profanity in front of children." He scolded you. Tam and Thomas realize the intimidating male is right next to you.

"Yeah, yeah." Satisfied with your reply, he then turned his focus to the two children.

"As for the both of you—" they cower under his glare.

"—That was certainly not a polite and welcoming gesture. It was rude, barbaric and definitely inappropriate. Apologize to miss (y/n) this instant." He crossed his arms.

"Sorry." Tam and Thomas muttered simultaneously.

"Just a pathetic 'sorry'? How insincere, apologize properly. Now." The twins jolted at his harshness.

"We're sorry, miss (y/n). We promise we won't do it again. Please forgive us." They hung their heads low as they mumbled the full apology.

"Wow! How are they so in sync?"

"Unacceptable. I've taught you better than this, Say it again, clearly." You whipped your head to Vasilios.

"He whines about kids not liking him, but he makes himself so damn unlikable to kids."

"We're sorry, miss (y/n). We promise we won't do it again. Please forgive us." Their voices were clear and polite, you felt bad for them.

"Hey, no biggie. It's cool, you guys don't— don't need to cut your pinky or something." You tried to improve the situation by laughing it off. Unfortunately, the siblings and Vasilios weren't laughing along.

"Thank you for your apology, Tam, Thomas. You may now leave." They immediately scurried off somewhere else.

"What... what—"

"I babysit Tam, Thomas and..." He huffed before continuing.

"...Thor, when Mr and Mrs Smith are both busy. I was concerned that they weren't receiving enough discipline. Hence, I did the Smiths a favour and trained the twins to be proper, functional human beings for years." He tucked a strand of hair behind his ear.

Vasilios sighed dejectedly, "How unfortunate, that... degenerate just wouldn't change no matter how hard I try."

"Wait, that shit doesn't add up. Tam and Thomas said he eats kids but... he's been babysitting them? Why would they think of him that way if he's their nanny for like... years?"

"Wait a second, what...? They were piss scared when they came to your home. But... huh?" You couldn't piece it together. Vasilios tilted his head to the side.

"Yes?"

"No wait, they said some bullshit about their parents telling them you 'eat kids'... and thanks to your 'markings'—" you briefly rolled the turtleneck down to show the bite marks.

"—I had to tell them I'm your damn dentist." Vasilios looked away in embarrassment. He shouldn't have done that, especially he's deciding to make you stay in his life.

Of which... includes the whole neighbourhood and their children.

He exhaled forcefully through his nose, explaining to Tam and Thomas his true relationship between you is going to be a challenge since... you 'creatively' twisted their reality.