Chapter 5

Chapter 5
Fancy said "yes but you have to sit down first." While Anna-Marie was holding the tiny fluffy baby she asked: "Auntie Sky was I this small when I was little?" Skylark just nodded her head. Fancy took the baby back because Anna-Marie was getting antsy.
Ann-Marie looked at Mary hopefully and said "please mommy! I really want to have a mommy and a daddy!" "Ok, everyone out except Ashwood and Mary, please. You too Anna-Marie." Skylark says as everyone walked out of the office. "Ok, now that we are alone let's talk about you adopting Anna-Marie. There are things about her that you should know." "I'm leaving that up to Mary if we adopted her or not sky," Ashwood said. "What should we know about her? She seems like a sweet little girl to me." Mary replied. "Well, she has two brothers that are younger than her by a year. Their parents were killed by a human witch. They're a package deal." Skylark said. "So what you're saying is we would be not only adopting one child but three?" Asked Ashwood. "Ok, how old is little Anna-Marie and her brothers?" Mary questioned. "Well Anna-Marie is two and her brothers are a year old. The boys are identical twins. Their names are Jax and Justin." skylark replied as Anna-Marie skipped into the office with a glass of milk and a plate full of cookies. "Daddy I made some yummy cookies with the cook for you and mommy! I hope you like them!" Anna-Marie said excitedly as she put the plate on the desk. "I'm sure they are yummy because you made them!" Mary said as she grabbed one of the cookies off the plate and takes a bite "mmmm these are so good! You did a wonderful job sweetheart! I think we will adopt all three children skylark. Anna-Marie would you and your brothers like to come live with us?" Mary said between bites. "Anna-Marie you would have a big brother and sister. Would you like that honey?" Ashwood asked as he eats one of the cookies. "Does this mean we get to have a real family again? We really want a mommy and daddy again!" Mary gets up and kneels down in front of the little girl and says "sweetheart yes you three will be my babies! Mike is going to adore you and so will Hope! We have a big yard for you to play in and you'll have your own room too!" "Really mommy? I would love to live with you and daddy! I hate where I live now because they are mean to me and hit me." "Sweetheart lets change your pull-up. I want to see if you have any bruises on you." Skylark said coming around the desk with a pull-up and a pink dress. "I'm not supposed to show anyone or I'm in trouble," Anna-Marie said as she clung to Mary. "Oh, honey you're not going back there at all! I'm going to go get your brothers but you're going to stay here with your new mommy and daddy! I need to see the bruises so I can make sure they never be mean or hurt any more kids."

Skylark's POV:
I could not believe my ears when I heard little Anna-Marie told Me she was not supposed to let anyone change her pull-up. I immediately made her come over just so I can check her pull-up only to find she was covered in bruises and welt marks! " Anne-Marie who did this to you?" I demanded while trying not to let my anger take over. The poor baby started to cry and say "please don't make me go back! They said if I showed anyone that they will kill me!" "Oh, sweetheart you're not going back there! Skylark is just going to go get your brothers so that they don't get hurt!" Mary said hugging Anna-Marie.