Chapter 5

"Romeo I'm not kidding!" I walked to the TV roughly switching it off.

"What the hell! I was watching the best part." He whined.

"Well, I said you have to go to school!"

"I'm not going to some dumb and boring classes just because you want me to! Today I'm having a day off!" He shoot up.

"I never said I was okay with that! You'll go to school Like every responsible kid!"

"Responsibility my ass! I don't wanna! What the fuck is wrong with you! I wanna have fun! If I wouldn't watch the TV then I wouldn't stay here!" He yelled and walked past me.

"Where are you going?"

"None of your business, Mama!" He said. We walked back to the sitting room where David was waiting.

Romeo stops dead in his tracks, "who the hell is he?" He spoke in Spanish. "Your boyfriend?" He clenched his fist, his light brown eyes turned darker.

"No, I'll explain later. But be polite and say hi to the man." I replied in Spanish.

He stares at David with a less concern expression, "No!" He walks away slamming the door.

I walked back to the counter, grab the coffee and hand it to Dave who was staring at we with the "are you kidding" expression.

"What?"

"Do you often swat him?"

"No way! I'm not hitting my kids."

"You let him talk to you that way and get off with it?" He sipped his coffee.

"He is gonna change okay? He is just … going through a hard time, he'll over grow it."

"I don't think so, spare the rod and spoil the child, you know the rules."

"Fuck that! I'm never going to hit Romeo or Camila! That's not how to act!"

"You -"

"That's enough Dave! You don't tell me what to do with my kids!" I bang my fist on the table David raised his hands in surrender, damn he can be such a dictator, I think I should start rethinking about my decision.

I ran my fingers through my hair, "I didn't call you here to talk about how I train my kids, I want you to answer some questions first."

"Go ahead Ruby."

"How on earth did you find me?" I lean forward.

"Coincidence, I'm here to solve a solution about some financial problems."

"Yours?"

"Nah... One of those huge banks out there."

"Well, have you?"

"Yeah. I'll be going back in two days."

"You left the kids with who?"

"My mother."

"Is your mother's health not fragile enough to look after three teenagers?"

"My kids are very disciplined."

"Our kids!"

"Yeah, yeah."

I almost taught I was speaking to Romeo, like father like son.

"Fine, so my lawyer will be coming with the documents we're both gonna sign." I got up.

"What are the documents about." Damn! I hate it when he used that professional tone.