Chapter 34

They stood in front of the scene baffled and speechless, Sofia lay on the foot of the stairs in a little pool of blood. Daniel was the first to make the move, he ran by his mother.

"Mama!" He called out in panic. Ruby collapse and was caught by David who was standing right next to her.

"Ruby open your eyes! You can't do this now, she needs you." David tapped Ruby's check softly, he is so worried about the situation.

Daniel pulled his phone out quickly dialling the number of the emergencies.

"Is she alive?" David asked.

"Y- yes but I c-can barely feel her pulse." Daniel stuttered as sweats ran down his forehead, he was shaking from fear of loosing the only woman that gave all her life for him.

Ruby slowly opened her eyes and David helped her up. "Oh my God!" She crouch down by her injured mother.

"What happen?" She asked in a wobbling voice, "Romeo! Romeo! Romeo!" She raced upstairs all worried that they could've been attack or rubbed. She bursted through every door in the house and find no one then she raced back downstairs.

"Guys! I can't find my son!" Ruby ran to David and Daniel gasping. "What if he was kidnapped and I.." She grabbed her chest and pant.

"Ruby!" Both men ran to her supporting her.

"Breath ruby." David said calmly.

"Am pretty sure he is somewhere around, nothing happened to him." Daniel reassured.

Ruby couldn't bear everything at once, it was like ripping her lungs out, she loves her son so much, what if he was been abuse or worst killed! What if her mother doesn't survive? Ruby's view became blurry and the voices of David and Daniel were muffled, then she passed out.

********

They were currently waiting outside the emergency room, David held Ruby close while Daniel pace around.

"What of Romeo." Ruby peered up from David's chest.

"I can't reach him, his number isn't going and I can't track him either." David replied.

Ruby gasped, "I need to find him!" She got up.

"Calm down hermana, I'll go find him just chill." Daniel said helping Ruby back to her seat.

David's phone started buzzing, he walked away for some privacy, you never know who is calling.

"David Adams, what can I do for you?" He answer.

"This is the office of Jacksonville cop, do you know any Romeo Alejandro? Radical and small?" The cop said.

"Yeah he is my son." David rubbed his face and sigh.

"Your presence is required in the police station immediately." He said.

"I'll be right there or if not Daniel Alejandro will be present." David said. The cop hung up.

David walked back to Ruby and Daniel who were hugging each other. He cleared his throat feeling guilty for interrupting such moment.

"Romeo is in the station." He said.

Ruby sigh, "am so tired!" She Mumble while grabbing her head.

"Don't worry hermana Romeo won't be causing any problem for a while." Daniel growl.

"How is that even possible?" David asked.

"I have my idea on that just trust me sis." Daniel said to his sister who nodded in return.