Chapter 32

Romeo's POV
"Tell me, how are you doing with your studies?"

"That? Good, past my first test," I clean the wet cups while granny do the dishes.

"Are you comfortable with me? Or do you want to move back with your father?"

"Rather jump in a sea full of sharks with terrible teeth." I rolled my eyes.

She cleared her throat.

"Excuse me, just that I don't wanna live with him, I wanna go back to Mexico with mum and Camila and live my life but living with you helps me push back my homesickness, at times you smack me with the spoon which is terrible! But still you're a good granny, you spend most of your time with me, normally I don't speak much to adult neither mum I guess you're exceptional." I returned my gaze to the clay cup on my hands as I shrugged.

"Aww thanks but you never told me you were homesick."

"I've never told anybody that, consider it as our little secret."

She chuckled, "can I trust you with a secret?" She stared at me, putting a pause on her work.

"Yeah sure."

"I don't like living alone, if not for the presence of God in my life I would long be insane, David left, Robert left too. Your presence here is a pleasure, I love holding you tight and speaking with you. I feel like a mother again."

Whoa I didn't see that coming, I've come to love her, is been three weeks since am here and I learnt to live with a kind person, affectionate in such a way that her love overwhelms me, I can't say no to that love it's irresistible.
But I fear that when I'll have to go, I'll totally come out of that lovely shade, and the imps will take possession of me once again.

"I do lo- " the loud ding dong from the doorbell interrupted my sentence.

"I got this." Granny wiped her hand and left the kitchen.

She was almost done with the dishes. So I did the others and placed them in the cupboard. I shook my head at myself, I hate doing chores particularly wetting my hands. I rubbed my face.

Is been three minutes since granny left for the door, what is she doing?

I exited the kitchen to the living and immediately I froze, my heart skipped a beat and I couldn't move, was I paralyze in fear or terror or was it just a sensation. I wanted to run! But my feet won't obey me.

They both noticed my presence it made me more tensed up then I was before.

"Oh we were talking about you Ro, your dad is here to pick you." Granny said.

I swallowed the lump in my throat, I don't wanna go with him!

"I want you to grab your stuff, Romeo, we really need to head home." He said.

I gave granny an appealing look, she gave me the "Obey" look. I sigh before disappearing upstairs.

I grabbed my stuffs and put them in my bag as slow as I can.

"Romeo! Come on!" Granny called.

I rolled my eyes, why can't she send him away?

I dragged my foot downstairs.

"Think we'll be going now mum. Come on Ro, get in the car."

I huffed before walking out, I get punish by granny when she feels am wrong so am equally giving her a punishment I'm not saying Goodbye!

He flipped the driver's door open and got in. "Go say good bye to granny." He instructed.

I desperately wanted to say no! But I couldn't am not ready to have an encounter with the belt ever!