Chapter 4: Newfangled Home

(Edited)

"I believe it was Jeon Corp."

I thought for a second but it can't be.. there were many other Jeons in South Korea so I didn't think too much of it. For a second, I had a passing thought there was a possibility of us meeting...

I just laughed it off. The world can't be that small.

I looked back to my baby boy on my lap, watching him try to stay awake but finally closing those droopy eyelids, I smiled at that and kissed his forehead and closing mine once again, drifting off to sleep, making sure he was still in my arms.

.

.

.

"We have now arrived at our destination."

The home we'll be staying at was set in an unusual spot that was surrounded by tall trees that hides the house, and the estate is far away from the city. Good thing my mother has a friend in Seoul.

But what I saw partly hidden by the trees was a gigantic and opulent home. It seemed way more than enough to provide us for the next few months that we'll be living here in Seoul.

I was curious as to why my mother wasn't walking ahead to lead us into the doors of the house so I decided to go ahead myself as I wanted to drop our heavy luggage that I trudged up that long walk.

"Sweetie, why are you heading towards the garage?" she asked with a weird look as if I'm the crazy one.

"What do you mean eomma?"

I watched my mother take out a key from her pocket the put it in the "keyhole" that was attached on a random pole that was designed to be hidden in the trees and suddenly the huge but elegant gate I saw earlier opened.

I was still confused to how huge this house is as I saw my mother walk in past the gates with Jungwoo in her arms as he admired what we were approaching.

I followed behind her.

The luggage handles slipped away from my sweaty palms and I swore whoever designed these damned luggages under my breath but as I was about to take the luggage back into my hands, there was already a pair of hands lending help with my bags, I look up to see a young man in a perfectly pressed formal suit carrying all of my luggage before me already walking off , carrying it so easily.

I grew even more confused and ran after him.

"Hey! what are you doing with my luggage?!" I asked him as soon as I caught up to him.

"Your mother asked me to carry it all for you," he said.

"Who are you?"

"Oh sorry, I forgot to introduce myself," he bowed and he said, "I'm Park Lhee, I will be your caretaker for the rest of your stay at the estate," I grew even more confused at that.

My caretaker? A butler?

"Now, if you would please follow me madam, as it's getting cold," he said and began walking ahead but I was falling behind his long legs that made a mile of a gap with every step.