Chapter 22: Still Hesitant

I felt... nothing...

I swiped my hands against the empty space beside me on the bed realizing... he wasn't there... again

I only sighed at that remembering his tight schedule lately, ever since that day of the play, he'd got himself involved in a new project, working late and coming home really late to only go back to work early in the morning meaning that, I barely get to see him at all... we barely get to see him.

I could only feel his warm hugs in the middle of the night only to feel them disappear in only a few hours as my half-awake state could see him getting up as he put his suit back on as he leaves. 

If I recall, the only emotion I see in him is just pure frustration and exhaustion. 

I looked at the room one more time as I sighed.

I just hope he's doing okay.

.

.

.

I came to the kitchen only to see Jungwoo eating an omelet?

"Jungwoo, sweetie, where did you get that?" I inquired as I rubbed my eyes, don't tell me he cooked it himself.

"Appa made it for me before he went to work," He yelled as I approached him as he was already dressed up in his uniform.

"Hm," I let out as I can't help but smile to myself. I suppose he doesn't forget his duties as a father too I suppose? 

"But Appa looked mad and sad again," Jungwoo mentioned as I carried him off his seat as I placed his book bag onto his back.

"I know Jungwoo, I know," I simply said as I crouched down to be at eye level with him.

"But we're here to go through it with him and help him, right?" I reassured him as he beamingly nodded at that.

"Sorry to break it to you Madam, but we shall get Jungwoo to school now," I heard a very formal voice call out to me, I smiled as I turned my head toward the direction as I saw the new driver Jungkook hired for us the day he started to get busy. I saw the way he smiled back as the wrinkles in his face had gotten worse as he smiled joyfully back at me.

"Good morning, Mr. Choi," I said as I bowed at the old man.