Chapter 7: Sudden Fled

(Edited)

I've heard many things about this company I work for. Ever since I've arrived in Seoul, I've heard many gossip about the company.

Every time I get groceries I can't help but overhear bystanders just enviously gossip of how successful this company was...

or more specifically of how "handsome" they say the CEO, people never seem to shut up about this man.

But I understand now. I looked it up and this company owns most of the office buildings in the city. That's a lot of rent and income coming in. I could tell this company is successful, but my question is...

"why would a company like this take me?" I thought as I walked in the lobby, everyone seemed to have taken a glance at me and suddenly had a disgusted look onto their faces, looking at me from head to toe.

I was confused at first but then it hit me.

All that running to get here on time ruined my outfit, I looked down to see my once neat white blouse and black pencil skirt now crumpled and wrinkled.

I decided to fix myself up as I cursed under my breath. But that didn't help get their gazes off of me.

As a first day, I didn't expect this much attention, I only hoped to lay low, it's becoming a bit too overwhelming for it.

Maybe it was my outfit overall? Mine compared to their's was just okay as for them, theirs seemed way formal than the usual formality for work.

But I decided to ignore all of the stares as it wasn't my main concern, what was was to find the front desk which was still nowhere to be seen in this huge and crowded lobby.

I've asked many to guide me but they just gave me a look implying that I've just bothered their monotonous and looked down on me.

"THESE SNOBS!" I thought but was cut off when I was now getting pushed like there was a sudden stampede. Everyone was rushing to get into the elevator, it didn't take long until my area was now deserted as I saw everyone else shoving themselves in the elevator, some even running up the stairs.

I gave them a confused look as I stared at them and saw the fright in their eyes? What were they scared about? I even saw some giving me a surprised look before going on with their lives.

Before I knew it was now alone in the once crowded lobby only leaving me to think... why have then all suddenly fled in unison?!

I looked at the time,

"Oh shit— it's already 6:55," I started to feel the panic creeping in.

"I'm already late! Damn, where is the front desk—?" Then there was a sound of a car approaching.

I turned my heard to the glass wall as I saw a beautiful Bentley Mulsanne drive around the fountain outside and towards the office building doors.

As much as I was curious to see who it might've been inside that luxury car. I but didn't pay much attention to it as my stressed state was too focused on looking for the front desk as I need them to address me where to go.

Before I knew it, I saw a tall masculine figure come into my view, he was walking through the main door, looking down too focused on the papers he was holding to spare a glance at me but still looking quite professional.

But he suddenly took a halt. I decided to look the other way as it was an attempt to hide the fact that I had just stared at him.

I felt a strong gaze on me with not a doubt that it was from that talk man, it was a gaze so menacing that it felt like it pierced through me, making me feel vulnerable under his gaze.

But as I no longer felt this strong gaze on me I decided to look and saw him take out his phone.

Judging by the way he aggressively took it out I could tell he was pissed but at what though?

The thought of looking for the front desk hit me again, I came to the conclusion that I should approach this man to give me directions as it was the only other way to find the desk despite the fear that grew over the few seconds I've just encountered the man.

But as I approached the man,

every step I took...

my heart started to beat at an unusual rate.