Chapter 13

Y/n PoV:
We're sat down for dinner and everyone seems quiet which is strange for this family.

I poke at my food for a while and start feeling my eyes becoming heavy.

"Y/n are you okay?" Mitsuki asks.

I look up at here and then regain my posture and smile.

"Haha yeah I'm okay, the food is really nice" I take a spoon full of the food and put it in my mouth.

"You're bread is really nice too. You look tired are you sure you're okay?" She asks again.

I nod.

"Yeah I'm okay but I am a little tired, I'll wash up" I say and stand up to take the dishes off everyone.

Bakugou then stands up.

"I'll help" which is the first thing he has said all dinner and grabs his and his fathers plate.

We both walk into the kitchen and begin to clean the now dirty dishes.

"You feeling okay dumbass?" He says in a harsh but genuine tone.

"Yeah I'm ok" I answer.

"You don't have to always be okay you know" he says.

I pause and look at him.

He doesn't look back at me but I know he knows I'm looking at him.

I look back at my plate and see my reflection in the water I'm washing it with.

I sigh.

"That goes for you too. I know something is wrong and I know you don't like talking about it or "seeming weak" but I know that there's someone who is really worried about you" I say and he looks at me.

I look behind me and to his mother who is sat at the table still.

He follows my gaze and furrows his eyebrows.

He doesn't say anything and I put my plate back in the cupboard.

"I think I'm going to head home now" I say.

I go to walk away but he grabs my arm.

"Stay" he states.

"What?" I ask.

"We're still supposed to be in hospital right now and it's not safe for you to be on your own. Of course you wouldn't think so because you're a dumbass but you should stay here tonight just in case" he finishes and let's go of my arm.

I nod.

"I'd like that. If it's okay with your mum" I accept.

"Trust me it is. Come on I'll show you the guest bedroom" he says and we both walk out of the kitchen.

"Hey, y/n is staying tonight for safety so I'm showing her the guest room" he says to his mum as we walk past.

"Bakugou Don't be rude to your mother" I say and he shrugs.

"It's okay. That's fine Katsuki" she says and stands up to walk to the kitchen.

She ruffles bakougo's hair as she walks past and he lets her.

We walk upstairs and he takes me to a room next to his.

He opens the door and it has a double bed and a desk in there with a wardrobe in the corner and a long mirror on the wall.

"It's not much but it should do for tonight" Bakugou leans against the door.

"It's great thank you" I say and turn towards him.

He nods. "Well I'll see you tomorrow then" he says and closes the door.

"Night" I say to the closed door.

I flop onto the bed and feel myself immediately fall into sleep.

================
Ugh my back.

I sit up in my room and wince at the light that's still on.

I look around for a clock and see one hanging by the door. 12:03am

I groan and stand up.

I need water.

I walk out of my room and turn the light off behind me.

I go to the stairs and step down until I reach the bottom.

I move towards the kitchen but as I get closer I hear voices.

"You should have been more careful Katsuki"

"I know. But I want to be a hero, I'm going to get hurt. There's nothing you can do to change that and it doesn't matter how careful you are damn it!"

"I know that son, and I'm not going to stop you. But just don't be an idiot"

I look around the door and see bakugou sat on the counter and his mum leaned up next to him.

"I'm not an idiot!" He shouts.

"Be quiet you'll wake y/n up" she sighs.

He huffs again and looks at his hands.

"I'm going to become a hero" be lowers his volume.

"I know. You're going to be the best hero" she ruffles his hair.

"Now tell me what is bothering you" she says and he looks at her.

He clenches his fists against the counter and squeezes his eyes shut.

"But what if I'm not?" He asks quietly.

"What do you mean son" mitsuki quarries.

He opens his eyes and looks directly at her.

"What if I'm not the number 1 hero" he says again but louder this time.

She seems a little taken back by his statement but stays calm anyway.

"What if there is some little good for nothing pipsqueak who is just an extra in your story. And. And he's destine to become the greatest hero. And you know that no matter how hard you try or how much you work to become number one he is always going to be better than you" bakugou starts to get agitated and starts to activate his quirk on the counter.

I can tell that he is upset about this and I go to step out from my hiding place at the door but before I can mitsuki steps in.

"So what?" She says.

Bakougo's eyes widen and he looks at his mother with confusion.

She places her hand on his shoulder and slowly rubs circles with her thumb.

"Who cares weather or not that person exists. If they're so destine to be at the top then that's a lot of pressure that they have to deal with. And you're all going to be hero's. Everyone on your side of the battle are your allies not your enemy. Them being at the top shouldn't stop you from becoming better and better and you never know, destinies can change, if you work hard enough and help and care for for people around you instead of pushing them away you might find yourself rising to the top faster than you believed possible. Do you not think?" She finishes and moves her hand to rub his back.

This time instead of moving her hand away like he normally does, he leaned into her touch and sighed.

"Yeah..thanks" he whispers.

He turns to her but doesn't say anything but she knows what he wants.

She moves forwards and gently pulls her son in for a hug.

He wraps her arms around her and she strokes his hair.

"You will be an amazing hero Katsuki" she smiles.

I smile at the scene infront of me and decide that a glass of water isn't worth ruining this moment.

I slowly turn away and walk back up the stairs and Into the guest room.

So. He does care huh?