chapter 6

As the sun rose Team taka gathered all their belongings and left the Yugakure area Hinata hesitantly followed but as they approached the sound village Sasuke stopped and looked at her. "Hinata... leave..." his teammates gave a shocked expression. "What?!" Karin voiced. "Leave." He repeated. The Hyuga stared at him as if she thought it was a dream before he turned to continue walking. "Go on, leave..." Hinata stepped backwards a few feet before turning and running off. "Sasuke why did you do that?! I liked her!!" Karin whined only to have Sasuke glare at her. "Shut up... we have to meet Orochimaru."  His teammates looked at each other in slight confusion before they continued to follow the Uchiha.

Hinata left the group with a racing heart. She returned to Yugakure and got a room for a couple of nights until she could find an apartment. She walked around the village with a calm mind and smile on her face as she apartment shopped. She was going to put the dark past behind her and start a new. She applied for a job at the small hospital and planned her new life in Yugakure. She wasn't sure what made Sasuke let her go and she honestly didn't care. She sat in her hotel looking out the window, seeing the beauty of the sky and nature around. "This is perfect... this is how it should be..."

Team taka arrived in the sound village in no time and Orochimaru greeted with his creepy grin that made chills run down Suigetsu's spine. "Welcome back Sasuke... no Hyuga?" He asked. "No. That is finished I am now interested in this army you have for me..." the Uchiha stated. "That's a pity... this way..." Orochimaru guided Sasuke and the rest of taka to his lab. Karin glanced around taking in the sight of the tools and drugs while Suigetsu walked behind Jugo. "Feels like home huh?" The towering man said as he glanced at the Hozuki. "No way... this place gives me the creeps..." the legendary Sannin glanced back at them with a smile. "I call them Guntai... they are obedient artificial ninjas." he opened the large vault door to reveal pale human looking creatures with stoic expressions. "They are masters in Kenjutsu, Ninjutsu and Taijutsu. They have a healing factor and decelerated aging but they can be destroyed with this." Orochimaru said before showing them a small black pill. Sasuke glanced over the army before glancing back at his old master. "What's your price?" "I wanted a Hyuga Dojutsu in exchange." "You should have bought the Dojutsu when I was selling." Sasuke stated. "What would you do with the Dojutsu anyways?" Karin asked. "I have the Uchiha Sharingan. I wanted the Hyuga Byakugan to combine the Dojutsus, combining two almost perfect Dojutsus to create the perfect Dojutsu." The legendary Sannin explained making the Uzumaki cock an eye brow in confusion. "I want them to return to me once you are done with them, I could continue working on them." Orochimaru claimed with a smile as he touched one of the Guntai's face. Sasuke narrowed his eyes. "Very well... you know what will happen if you cross me..." "I am quite aware. I am no longer your master. I am your ally and your supplier." The legendary Sannin stated. "We stay here tonight, we began training for taking over Iwagakure tomorrow." Sasuke stated before swiftly turning from Orochimaru who shut the vault door. 

The team got settled but Sasuke's mind was on Hinata wondering where she would go and how she was being by herself. He sighed as he laid in his hammock listening to the creeking noises the hideout made. He didn't sleep that night and the next morning he approached Suigetsu. "Start training with the Guntai... make sure they are ready. Karin you come with me." "Where you going?" The Hozuki asked as he ate his yogurt. Sasuke didn't answer and left Otogakure with Karin following happily behind. Suigetsu sighed and did as he asked knowing he'd never hear the end of it if he didn't. Sasuke glanced back at Karin as they jumped from tree to tree "I need to find her..." Karin gave a nod in began her search.

Hinata woke bright and early the next morning feeling well rested she gave a happy sigh before starting her new job as a nurse at Yugakure's hospital. She filed patients information and helped take care of the sick. On her lunch break she ate with a few of her coworkers. "I remember seeing you at the summer festival." One of the women commented. "I could never forget, you were with the most handsome man...." Hinata looked at her for a moment before she continued to eat. "Was that guy your boyfriend?" She asked. "No..." Hinata replied firmly. "He was a childhood friend..." the other nurses had more questions but before they could speak Hinata got up and got back to work in silence. 

Karin found Hinata in Yugakure and tracked her down to the hospital. Sasuke watched her work carefully, watching every move she made and memorizing them. Karin glanced at him before looking back at her. "Can I ask why we are here watching her like two creeps?" "I'm not being a creep." He claimed. The Uzumaki raised her brow at him, "really? What do you call sitting in a tree and spying on her then?" Sasuke didn't reply making her scoff. Sasuke followed Hinata to a sushi bar where she had dinner and narrowed his eyes when he saw the bartender being too friendly towards her making him grind his teeth but say nothing then Sasuke followed her back to the hotel she stayed and watched her slow movements. Karin grew bored of watching Sasuke watch Hinata and jumped from the tree they hid in and landed on the small balcony that was attached to Hinata's room. The Uzumaki knocked on the window loudly until the Hyuga opened it with a surprised look. "Hiya Hina." The Uzumaki greeted with a lazy wave. "Um... hi..." "I just wanted to make sure you were okay, Sasuke is really worried about you. He didn't sleep a wink last night and he whined until I could track you down." She said as she glanced back to the tree Sasuke was hiding in. "Oh... well... I'm fine." "Good good I'll leave you be then." Karin said before leaving back out the window. Hinata shut her window and sat on the edge of her bed with a sigh.

Karin returned to Sasuke's side and he gave a glare of disapproval but she simply rolled her eyes at him. "Look you are hot like the hottest guy I've met who has the strongest chakra but I know you have the hots for Hinata so you need to grow some balls and talk to her about it instead of watching her from a tree... like seriously that's just creepy." Sasuke had no reply, he just continued to stare at the window. "I'm heading back to the hide out. I'll cover for you and won't tell Orochimaru where you are at." Karin glanced back at him and gave a huff before leaving him alone. 

Hinata got ready for bed and laid down for a good night sleep. She stared at the near by window and sighed before going over to it and opening it. "I know you are out there, I'm a ninja. I know when I'm being followed..." she called but received no answer. if anyone saw her they'd probably think she was crazy. She shut her window after a minute before getting back in bed. Sasuke waited outside watching her sleep peacefully and tilted his head to the side at the sight. He knew she would be safe in Yugakure no one ever attack the tiny village but he couldn't leave her alone. He stayed up all night watching her sleep. The next day he watched her go to work but as she walked to work Sasuke saw from the corner of his eye shuriken being thrown in her direction making him dash to her and scoop her up in one motion giving her no time to scream as he dodged the shuriken. "Sasuke..." she called to him then glanced back to were she was walking and saw the shuriken that were stuck in a wooden fence. Hinata looked at him then noticed the small cut on his face, she hesitantly wiped the blood from his face before he grabbed her hand. "What kind of ninja are you? How did you not see that coming?" She opened her mouth to speak but Sasuke moved again dodging more shuriken. He distanced himself from the attack and put Hinata down to draw his blade when he saw a masked man armed with shuriken. Sasuke glanced at Hinata who the masked man stared at and pulled her behind him. The masked stranger threw a smoke bomb and disappeared making Sasuke narrow his eyes before turning to Hinata. 

Hinata's stare was on the fading cloud of smoke until she felt Sasuke's stare on her making her look at him. "Someone is targeting you and that fool has a death wish... We are going to Mountains' Graveyard.  Suigetsu and the others will meet us there. Let's move." The Hyuga didn't even hesitate and followed him silently, wondering who would come after her and why they would come after her. She knew she couldn't stay in Yugakure not wanting to endanger such a kind village and would go with team taka until she found out who was after her and stop them, afterwards she would leave and finally start a new life.