chapter 10

Chapter 10

Hinata was in the woods, it was dark telling her it was night time. She glanced around trying to figure out where she was until she heard noises making her active her Byakugan and take a fighting stance until she saw Sasuke jump down from a tree. "Sasuke... where am I?" "Don't worry about it." He replied as he approached her. She looked at him in confusion not understanding his answer. He touched her face lightly. Hinata stared at the Uchiha in front of him until she noticed his face coming closer to hers making her close her eyes but she never felt his lips on hers. "Hinata... Hinata... Hinata get your ass up!" The Hyuga jolted out of her sleeping bag to see Karin standing near her with her hands on her hips. "It's almost nine and you are still asleep..." "It was a dream...?" She muttered aloud making the Uzumaki raise her brow. "What?" "Nothing..." she claimed and got up with a stretch.

Sasuke and Suigetsu trained with the Guntai roughly all morning before the Hozuki needed to rehydrate. Sasuke sat on the large rock staring off in the distance thinking of the up coming battle until he saw Hinata but she avoided his eye making him narrow his eyes. "Sasuke I think everything is going to be ready for tomorrow the Iwagakure aren't going to know what hit them." Suigetsu said with a smirk but Sasuke had no reply, he got off the rock and walked off. "Sasuke?" The Hozuki questioned but the Uchiha said nothing and leaving him without a word making Suigetsu frown. "He's such an ass sometimes..." Sasuke left the mountain's while Karin was distracted by Hinata and Jugo was with his birds. He silently returned to Orochimaru's hide out who was oddly enough waiting for him. 

Karin watched Hinata train in silence until she grew tired of it and sighed. "Hina part of my senor skills is I can tell when someone is lying." The Hyuga gave her a clueless expression unsure why she needed to know the information. "I can tell when you are lying... this morning wasn't just nothing. Did you have a nightmare?" "Something like that." Hinata replied. Karin rolled her eyes, "Whatever don't tell me... what are you going to be tomorrow?" "What do you mean?" "You are part of the team but will you be fighting with us? Taking over an innocent village such as Iwagakure for kami knows why?" She asked as she fiddled with her glasses. "I um..." "We each have our place ya know. I might not fight but I assist in battle with my sensor skills. Suigetsu uses his sword, Jugo uses his sage mode and Sasuke uses his... Sasuke-ness. Are you going to be fighting along side us or not?" Hinata thought for a moment and had no real answer to give. She didn't feel it was right to conquer ninja nations but she also knew there was nothing anyone could do to stop them. Sasuke could take over as dictator but then what would he do? "Well if you don't know you need to figure it out we go to war tomorrow at day break." Karin said before leaving her alone. Hinata gave a sigh and leaned her forehead against the large jagged rock.

Sasuke stared coldly at the Sannin that stood before him with arms crossed proudly and a smirk on his lips. "You crossed me..." the Uchiha stated pointing his sword at him. "It's only fair you lied." Orochimaru claimed before Sasuke attacked. The Sannin was quick to show his true form but the Uchiha has dealt with the monstrous snake creature before. Sasuke stalled by cutting up the snakes giving him time to use his Chidori Spear. he went straight for the beast's head then the spear alter its shape into multiple additional blades, killing several of the white snakes before using Amaterasu to set him on fire. "I want see you come back from the ashes..." the Uchiha commented and let Amaterasu handle the rest as he walked away. 

When he returned to Mountains' Graveyard all was quiet. Suigetsu was napping, Jugo was most likely going for a nature walk and Karin was double check to make sure the artillery was ready for the battle. "She's in the tent." The Uzumaki commented as Sasuke walked past her. He glanced at her before going to her tent. He saw Hinata sitting cross legged on the ground flower pressing. She knew he was there but couldn't look him. The Uchiha sat down in front of her. "Somethings bothering you." "Tomorrow..." she voiced. "I gave you a choice. You can still leave." He replied. "It wouldn't matter... you are taking over so it doesn't matter if I leave or stay. I'd still see innocent people die." Hinata stated as her fingers lightly ran over petals of a flower. "Hinata... I'll never kill infront of you again." She looked at him in disbelief but said nothing. "It's a promise... I won't kill in front of you and that's why you are staying here and guarding the campsite, we still have things I don't need rogue ninja getting ahold of and I don't want to risk you getting hurt." He stated firmly and touched her face lightly. His touch was warm and surprisingly gentle. She stared at him for a moment then did the boldest thing she could have possibly done, her lips met his in a sweet kiss but the moment she realized what she had done she quickly backed away with a crimson red face. "I'm s-s-sorry! I shouldn't have done that I didn't have consent or an-nything I'm so so so sorry!" His face was emotionless as always as his fingers touched his lips. Sasuke stood to his feet and began to leave but as he was about to exit the tent he glanced back at her. "I am counting on you to guard the supply... and for the record you are allowed to do that whenever you want." Hinata was left wide eyed with the most embarrassing blush possible.

The Hyuga sat in her tent as a thousand things ran threw her head. She wasn't sure what made her kiss him, she had never kissed anyone and didn't think of kissing anyone but Naruto but there she sat lips tingling in the best way possible from merely pressing her lips to his and he didn't even kiss her back, she imagined what would have happen if she just allowed it last a little longer. "What have I done?!" Hinata gripped the sides of her head in a stressful panicked fashion. Karin peeked in the tent with a raised brow to see a Hyuga freaking out. "What the hell?" "I... I... I..." Hinata muttered making the Uzumaki enter the tent. "You what?" "I... I k-k-kissed him... I kissed Sasuke..." she whispered and Karin thought her heart was going to stop at her words, if she didn't know she was telling the truth she thought it would be a lie. "No fucken way! That's great so you guys are together now or are you not putting a label on things?" She sat in front of curiously. "I don't know... we didn't talk... he just walked away..." Hinata claimed as she pulled on her hair lightly  tried to clam down. "Well he is a complicated man... who knows with him." Karin said with a sigh before touching her shoulder. "I have an early day tonight so I'm crashing." The Hyuga nodded in an understanding manner but she stayed up that night, her mind was full of thought of the what ifs. The next day just as the sun came up Sasuke and his army left while Hinata watched, staring at Sasuke's back as he left for Iwagakure.